Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My new New Year's Resolution (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-new-new-years-resolution-t83704.html)

DJ 12-18-2010 03:24 PM

Great idea! Perfect poem!

Susy 12-18-2010 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by amma
its not Christmas
nor is it your birthday
I was thinking of you
as I do each day

I found this fabric
and without delay
I made you this gift
you can open today

who needs a reason
I just want to say
enjoy this gift
on this un-holiday

:D:D:D

That is just so cute! I might have to copy that one too, I have taken to giving "just because" gifts instead of a panic/uproar at Xmas and birthdays, sure is a lot less stress and the family/friends say they get more spoiled since I "quit" Xmas and birthdays and did the "just because"

BMP 12-18-2010 03:50 PM

Cute !

mcdaniel023 12-18-2010 04:24 PM

Amma, I love that poem. My sister and I don't exchange gifts, but I saw a panal I had to put in a quilt for her. I also included a few surprises. She got it yesterday and was totally touched. Her facebook thank you this morning made me cry. Sounds like a great resolution to me.

quilt3311 12-19-2010 06:06 AM

My New Years Resolution is "Not to make New Years Resolutions"- Seriously, I'd just break them anyway, so I guess my solution is right for me. No stressing out that way. grin

lots2do 12-19-2010 06:09 AM

Resolutions don't work for me, generally, either. But I thought that this would be one I'd want to do instead of a chore. All of these block of the months, why not a gift of the month? :)

Karyn 12-19-2010 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill
What ever works! Mine is to try to take a couple hours to actually clean the house! I wake up each day with good intentions, but my intentions are always sabotaged by either my computer (like for the past 2 hours!) or my sewing machine!

You sound like me!!! But only 2 hours? I am so ashamed!!!(NOT) I enjoy my sewing and computer time.!

Boxer mom 12-19-2010 07:28 AM

Mine is to first, swap rooms for my sewing and bedroom so I can fit my new table that I got for my b-day. Then to finish my UFO's and to promise to complete one before starting a new one. And for the next quilt I make to be for DH.

stichinluvr 12-19-2010 07:46 AM

Amma, Thanks for the poem. I usually do give things away when they are done instead of waiting and this is the perfect poem to add. Last year I planned to clean up my UFO's and they are still here. I just moved and am totally blown away by everything I have so hopefully I'll finish the UFO's and work on my stash.

woody1229 12-19-2010 07:54 AM

I like making quilts not as gifts for a particular event, but for people who 'need' them at a particular time. Someone who's going through a rough patch, taking care of a dying parent, struggling with cancer, in need of a virtual hug and a beautiful, comforting, warming reminder that they are loved! I like your resolution.