Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My quilt guild's challenge quilt 2009 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-quilt-guilds-challenge-quilt-2009-a-t16807.html)

sewjoyce 02-22-2009 08:05 AM

That's so cute! I think you did a great job!

barbsbus 02-22-2009 09:08 AM

[quote=tlrnhi]That's adorable! I love, LOVE, LOVE that blue flower fabric you have there? Any chance you have any more or can get some? It would go awesome with the blue and yello

I will put it in the mail on Monday. I ironed on an adhesive backing that comes off easily, thinking I could just iron the flowers onto the quilt but they were too small to stay stuck, so I glued them on and the adhesive backing came off with the wet glue.

Moonpi 02-22-2009 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by rismstress
I'd also add one or two "quilts" hanging out the back of the wagon- so it looks like there is alot of them and they fell out. Your idea is great.
Cheryl

I was thinking either that, or a couple patches on the wagon's canvas top.

barbsbus 02-22-2009 11:28 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks you all you gals I decided to add some more embellishments to the wall hanging.

Added some quilts that fell out of wagon
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21677[/ATTACH]

Close up of fallen quilts
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25187[/ATTACH]

rismstress 02-22-2009 11:33 AM

yes, very good.
Cheryl

Shemjo 02-22-2009 11:34 AM

I really like the challenge fabric, but I don't know how I would have used in with that theme! You done good! :lol:
I like the embellishments. :lol:

tlrnhi 02-22-2009 05:56 PM

[quote=barbsbus]

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
That's adorable! I love, LOVE, LOVE that blue flower fabric you have there? Any chance you have any more or can get some? It would go awesome with the blue and yello

I will put it in the mail on Monday. I ironed on an adhesive backing that comes off easily, thinking I could just iron the flowers onto the quilt but they were too small to stay stuck, so I glued them on and the adhesive backing came off with the wet glue.

Awww....thank you!
I will glady send you something for payment in return!

barbsbus 02-22-2009 06:13 PM

[quote=tlrnhi]

Originally Posted by barbsbus

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
That's adorable! I love, LOVE, LOVE that blue flower fabric you have there? Any chance you have any more or can get some? It would go awesome with the blue and yello

Awww....thank you!
I will glady send you something for payment in return!

You don't have to send me something back. I am glad you might be able to use the scrapes, as that is all they are. I was able to pull the backing off the maerial, guess I didn't iron it on very well.

littlehud 02-22-2009 06:18 PM

So cute. Love your idea to use the flowers. They worked out great.