Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My sewing room will soon be (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-sewing-room-will-soon-t80062.html)

skjquiltnut 12-07-2010 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by TN Donna
My daughter moved out and left her room a mess. I am not able to clean it so my dil is coming down to do it for me. My son is off friday so he is coming to finish painting it. My daughter painted 2 1/2 walls a light purple and then quit. The paint and pan are still there so he is going to finish it. My husband is going to take the woodwork down and resand it all for me. She got paint on someof it.

I have an old dresser I found in a yardsale for $10 back last year. I am going to paint it and store material in it. I have an extra gift wrap holder and a shoe bag to hang to put supplies in as I accquire them. I am going to use my old desk with three drawers for my sewing table. I am also going to use a fold up table to use for when I need to cut from yardage for big projects like borders, etc. I shall finally have a room of my own after being here for almost 23 years. This is my Christmas present to me and all those I will help with my sewing. My stash is low, very low but I hope I can build over the years.

My daughter in law is going to try to get pictures for me.

Wow....you are so loved! Happy Sewing and the people receiving anything sewn by you are so Blessed. Merry Christmas

Doughgirl 12-07-2010 05:31 PM

How wonderful!! When our only son moved I had a whole upper story of our 1 1/2 story for my sewing room. I no longer had to take it out and put it away. Now due to a motorcycle accident we had to arrange the main part of the house and bring the sewing room downstairs since stairs are on longer my friend. I miss the quiet of upstairs but I still have a place of my own. Enjoy you deserve it.

mosquitosewgirl 12-07-2010 05:34 PM

Congratulations!

delma_paulk 12-10-2010 10:13 AM

Yea! Know you will enjoy your room!

JeanDal 12-10-2010 12:39 PM

You go girl!

raedar63 12-10-2010 01:06 PM

My son is moving out as we speak, (wish he would have waited till apter christmas) oh well, This thread has helped ease some of the mamma blues. I will be picking out pait soon, and getting some storage shelves etc.... Finally a place to spread out!

GailG 12-11-2010 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by raedar63
My son is moving out as we speak, (wish he would have waited till apter christmas) oh well, This thread has helped ease some of the mamma blues. I will be picking out pait soon, and getting some storage shelves etc.... Finally a place to spread out!

We all know how hard it is to give them wings and watch them fly, but there's a reason for everything. Enjoy your newly acquired "space."

watterstide 12-11-2010 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by WVNana
Good luck on your remodeling. I am so happy for you!!! I finally got my own room 2 1/2 yrs ago and it is wonderful. Usually a mess but it's my mess. :D

me too..i turned a bedroom over to a sewing room..and my mess...can sit there, or be cleaned up! MY MESS!

congrats on your new room!