Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My trip to Ohio (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-trip-ohio-t110955.html)

plainpat 04-03-2011 02:08 PM

Yes....it's still in Charm. I was there Monday.

Originally Posted by Quilter54
I have been to most of these shops. Love all of them. I live in Florida now but I still get there about once a year. It has become a tradition when I get back to Ohio. Didn't Miller's Dry Goods use to be in Charm? I didn't get to it last year.

Quilter54 04-03-2011 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by plainpat
Yes....it's still in Charm. I was there Monday.

Originally Posted by Quilter54
I have been to most of these shops. Love all of them. I live in Florida now but I still get there about once a year. It has become a tradition when I get back to Ohio. Didn't Miller's Dry Goods use to be in Charm? I didn't get to it last year.

Thank you. Will have to make it there this year.

Traditional 04-04-2011 04:53 AM

Up date on the Helping Hands Quilt Shop.
I recieved e-mail from Viola the quilt shop is closed
auctioned is April 5th. everything depends on who buys the shop as to whether it will reopen.
This is sad news for many quilters. I hope to find out more after tomarrow.

Babs194068 04-04-2011 05:27 AM

Sorry to hear that it was a really neat shop. They have an awful lot to sell, neat as it was it was loaded with books, fabric and kits. It will really be missed.

Judi in Ohio 04-04-2011 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by katcincinnati

Originally Posted by luv-e
Kathi, I think I'm the only woman in Ohio that hasn't been there so,so :hunf: .... can you remember how much the material was @ Zinck's???? thanks.
I'm really glad your family let you look, you are very lucky...

You're not the only one who hasn't been there. I haven't and I live in Cincinnati.

Kat,
Beaches in Newport just had a trip to Amish country. Call them, get on their email list for other trips - everyone loved it. we took a huge bus and off we went. I'm in Milford
Judi in Ohio

bakermom 04-04-2011 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Traditional
auctioned is April 5th. everything depends on who buys the shop as to whether it will reopen.

found this online yesterday:

http://ayersauctionpage.com/index.ph...g=ap&pid=20425

Kathi in PA 04-04-2011 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Traditional

So very sad!! I really liked that shop - wonderful fabric and reasonable prices! Hopefully whoever buys it willkeep it open as a quilt shop!!

Kathi in PA

jcrilley 05-18-2011 03:30 AM

Also Miller's Dry Goods in Charm, OH. Fantastic inventory of fabrics! There is also a little shop in the boonies near Kidron called Pne Tree Quilts - not large but great prices.
Go East from Berlin On St. Rt. 39 to Dover OH and find The Material Girl. Another fantasic inventory and an unbelievable shop owner. So helful and KNOWLEDGABLE. She can really help put together fabric selections for whatever project you have in mind. Lots of patterns, etc. too.
The other shop in Berlin is Grandma Fannie's. Very nice store also. But my favorite is The Material Girl.

Traditional 05-18-2011 04:03 AM

Ladies, The Helping Hands Quilt Shop is open for business. I spoke to the manager and she shared it had been so stressful for all of them, but happy to report everything has been worked out.
I was there last week their stock is a little low at this time.

Just wanted to share the good news.
Traditional

bakermom 05-18-2011 09:13 AM

THat's good to hear. I always enjoy going there.