Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My trip to Ohio (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-trip-ohio-t110955.html)

efstover 03-27-2011 03:22 AM

I live about 45 minutes away from berlin. I have been going there for over 20 yrs. Love the customer service and the food(the cheese is great) and the material is plentiful and prices are good. Zincks have batting at reasonable prices. My mom and I would go there at least once a week . She would call it Amish country. Mom has passed, now when I go it has such happy memories for me plus the goodies.

ProudGranny5 03-27-2011 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by luv-e
Kathi, I think I'm the only woman in Ohio that hasn't been there so,so :hunf: .... can you remember how much the material was @ Zinck's???? thanks.
I'm really glad your family let you look, you are very lucky...

Make that 2... never been there either.
Maybe next year!!! :P :)

justlooking 03-27-2011 03:59 AM

Sounds like a great trip.

plainpat 03-27-2011 04:00 AM

We go there, but haven't been to all the shops, so I'm interested .
One question a neighbor asked, does Zincks sell by the yd only? She gets fabric for making clothes for Grkids.

Originally Posted by skothing
My quilt guild has a retreat there in Charm every year a week before Thanksgiving. If anyone else is going on a road trip there are several good area to visit as well. There are many good shops in and around Berlin. Just reply and I'll pull out my to help.

jcrilley 03-27-2011 04:09 AM

You possibly missed the best one - Mrs. Millers in Charm, also in that general area. And if you came east to Dover, there is The Material Girl, fantastic shop and shop owner. I know you had fun, all those visited shops are in my general area and we hit them regularly!

Traditional 03-27-2011 04:10 AM

Kathi,
It is one of my favorite day trips.
I have my calendar marked Millers anivesary sale May 6th. & 7th.30%ff.
Please add Gramma Fannies Quilt Barn to your list. It's always at the top of my list. (Just before you get to Helping Hands QS)
One day sale July 30. 30% off. Just in case you plan another trip.
Happy quilting.

ProudGranny5 03-27-2011 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by jcrilley
You possibly missed the best one - Mrs. Millers in Charm, also in that general area. And if you came east to Dover, there is The Material Girl, fantastic shop and shop owner. I know you had fun, all those visited shops are in my general area and we hit them regularly!

I just told hubby about these shops... he said we could GO... Yeah...next year I told him! (surgery coming up in May)
Now girls... I would love to have a list of all of them...please!!! ;)

Kathi in PA 03-27-2011 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by Traditional
Kathi,
It is one of my favorite day trips.
I have my calendar marked Millers anivesary sale May 6th. & 7th.30%ff.
Please add Gramma Fannies Quilt Barn to your list. It's always at the top of my list. (Just before you get to Helping Hands QS)
One day sale July 30. 30% off. Just in case you plan another trip.
Happy quilting.

I'll be putting all your suggestions in my notebook because I'll definitely be back out there shopping til I drop!!! Thank you for the info.

Kathi in PA

Kathi in PA 03-27-2011 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by ProudGranny5

Originally Posted by jcrilley

I just told hubby about these shops... he said we could GO... Yeah...next year I told him! (surgery coming up in May)
Now girls... I would love to have a list of all of them...please!!! ;)

That's wonderful, you won't be disappointed!! I have put Charm and Dover on my list, too!!

Kathi in PA

judy_68 03-27-2011 04:22 AM

I just told my husband we need to go there. He said we would map it out and go to all of them.
Judy