Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My wife saved my a** once again! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-wife-saved-my-%2A%2A-once-again-t98763.html)

sandyo 02-12-2011 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by chuckbere15
Buy a Mac, you don't have to worry about virus. I have had mine for two years with no anti virus program and still virus free. Not to mention it has not crashed, locked up, no blue screens; just an all around pleasant experience. I will not go back to windows, unless I buy an embroidery machine and it requires Windows. Dreading the thought.

I totally agree and just keep a cheep windows laptop for my embroidery machine.

sjdal 02-12-2011 08:08 AM

I LOVE my Mac and have also added Windows with Boot Camp to run my embroidery machine. If the Windows part of the hard drive would get a virus, it wouldn't be able to cross into the Mac hard drive portion and corrupt anything. A Bernina educator convinced me it was the way to go. Love it!

craftymatt2 02-12-2011 08:20 AM

Yeah happy dance for wives, we are soooo very good.

IowaStitcher 02-12-2011 08:30 AM

AMEN!! Macs rule!

grammyj 02-12-2011 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
Malwarebytes.org

This is the free program that has saved my a#$... It really does work. I was hit with something a couple of weeks ago and if not for this....I wouldn't be in this forum now.

Where is the link ?? ok got it THanks

mommafank 02-12-2011 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
Malwarebytes.org

This is the free program that has saved my a#$... It really does work. I was hit with something a couple of weeks ago and if not for this....I wouldn't be in this forum now.

My hubby has rescued grandkids and daughters with this one!

BellaBoo 02-12-2011 09:54 AM

That's great she was able to clean it all out of your computer. It can be frustrating to have a big mess up.

I use Google Chrome and gmail and it cleans everything before it opens. I took my computer in to have more memory added and the guy said every scan he ran showed nothing harmful at all on the computer, my registry was clean as a whistle, and it's over four years old. All my email/docs/images/files/bookmarks are stored online and opened online, not on my computer, so there isn't much chance of any bad stuff getting in my computer files or registry. I can't tolerate a slow computer and this old one is still lightening fast, as fast as my DH's new laptop.

sewwhat85 02-12-2011 10:10 AM

that is great

kanakama 02-12-2011 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by chuckbere15
Buy a Mac, you don't have to worry about virus. I have had mine for two years with no anti virus program and still virus free. Not to mention it has not crashed, locked up, no blue screens; just an all around pleasant experience. I will not go back to windows, unless I buy an embroidery machine and it requires Windows. Dreading the thought.

I agree. Love my mac. I've had it for 1 1/2 yrs and haven't had one problem.

suebee 02-12-2011 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by davidwent
3 days ago I opened something I should not have and within an hour my computer was completely down!
It took 3days but my lovely loving GENIUS wife fixed it!!!
David

that is so sweet of you to recognize her :) Good Job!