Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Naming sewing machines.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/naming-sewing-machines-t94018.html)

misseva 01-26-2011 12:51 PM

I only name my vintage machines.

sewbizgirl 01-26-2011 12:51 PM

I'm probably the only one in this group who rolls her eyes at naming sewing machines. I find it incredibly silly. My daughter, however, names EVERYTHING. Her car, etc... And I always give her flack about it! Gave her a featherweight this past Christmas, her very first sewing machine, and I'm sure if she hasn't named it yet, she will be.

ghostrider 01-26-2011 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen

Originally Posted by Cuilteanna

Originally Posted by ghostrider
I only name things that might someday possibly learn to come when I call them. Sewing machines and cars, so far, do not qualify. :lol:

LOL! I think I'll borrow that as my excuse for not naming things either.

I had a van I named "camel" once but other than that I don't name inanimate objects or fish either. Fish won't come when you call them by name either.

I had to give cats and children the benefit of the doubt, but I did have a house rabbit that came when he was called so I remain hopeful about the cats and kids. :lol:

ProudGranny5 01-27-2011 04:52 AM

Well, I have named my machines too!
I have a 1957 Singer that I got at an auction many years ago for $20.00 including the cabinet. Her name is Mabel.
Got a Singer I call Suzie
Got a Simplicity that I named Maria (many years before my GD Maria was born) now Maria says that is 'her' machine.
Another old Singer that I named 'ole girl'

Now IF & when I can ever get to learning on my serger.. I will name her. Lonesome sounds like a good name...LOL

Never owned a Brother! Singers are my 1st loves!

anicra 01-27-2011 05:16 AM

I don't have any brother machines but I call my Janome Mac. Short of Machine. I guess it' a boy? I refer to my Featherweight at Betsy because she is originally from Elizabeth, NJ. I also have a Singer 99 which I refer to by her whole name, Elizatbeth Rutherford. She reminds me of a stout, maiden aunt and the name seems to fit.

damaquilts 01-27-2011 06:49 AM

I have only named one machine . My Singer 301 . Its name is Robyn because that is who gave it to me. Never got into naming anything . Use to call my lemon of a car all kinds of names though.

supergma 01-27-2011 07:05 AM

My go to machine is a 1964 Sears model. Nothing sews like her. She was a Valentine gift. I call her Ruby.

missgigglewings 01-27-2011 07:18 AM

I call my Bernina...my Bernina, and my Janome...my Janome.
And both of them have thier names right on them in case I don't remember which is which!

IBQUILTIN 01-27-2011 09:24 AM

Mine is Shasta = = = Shasta work every time, or I'm in big trouble

lawsonmugs 01-27-2011 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
I call my Bernina...my Bernina, and my Janome...my Janome.
And both of them have thier names right on them in case I don't remember which is which!

this was a good one.lol. Mary