Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need border opinions, please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-border-opinions-please-t31727.html)

Prism99 12-16-2009 01:39 PM

I like the purple better too.

vbourck 12-16-2009 01:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is how it looks with what I have left of the dark purple. It does frame the quilt nicely. I may have to see if I can find more of it? I like the idea of a pieced border too, thaht might work well with the purples and bring them all out. Thanks

Prism99 12-16-2009 01:57 PM

I actually like the other purple fabric better. The darkest one seems harsh to me, although I think it would look very nice as a narrow inner border to the other purple fabric -- or as the binding, if you have enough of it. The dark purple as a binding would put a finished frame around the entire quilt.

Just me .02 cents....... :-D

Tiffany 12-16-2009 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Prism99
I actually like the other purple fabric better. The darkest one seems harsh to me, although I think it would look very nice as a narrow inner border to the other purple fabric -- or as the binding, if you have enough of it. The dark purple as a binding would put a finished frame around the entire quilt.

I was going to suggest the very same thing. Either that or use the dark purple to make a knife's edge, which would be very attractive, and finish your final border with the purple fabric shown in the first picture.

Bluphrog 12-16-2009 02:32 PM

By knife edge, do you mean what I call a floating border?

I cut strips 1" wide, fold and press wrong sides together, then sandwich between the first and second borders. When you sew the border on, it makes a neat 1/4" border (kind of like a flat piping, if that makes any sense). In this case, it would lay on top of the white border, and would really set the purple floral off.

ghostrider 12-16-2009 02:38 PM

A flange, right?

amma 12-16-2009 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany
Oooh, both colors really change the feel of the quilt. Isn't it amazing how it can do that. The green softens it a lot while the purple makes the block design really pop. For myself, I prefer the look of the purple border.

I agree!!! Which ever look you prefer...soft or bolder and then go for it :D:D:D

amma 12-16-2009 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany

Originally Posted by Prism99

I was going to suggest the very same thing. Either that or use the dark purple to make a knife's edge, which would be very attractive, and finish your final border with the purple fabric shown in the first picture.

Ooooo after seeing this I think it would be awesome with the darker flange and then the purple border :D:D:D:

Deb G 12-16-2009 03:22 PM

I like the purple

mamaw 12-16-2009 04:00 PM

Purple