Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need help removing embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-help-removing-embroidery-t146887.html)

moonwork42029 08-21-2011 08:16 PM

be glad it was just a jacket and not a ring on a girl's finger, lol.

Good luck getting it off

Quilter Lois 08-21-2011 08:19 PM

From the back, take a straight razor blade and cut the threads then turn over and use a tweezer to pull out the threads.

scowlkat 08-21-2011 09:07 PM

I have used Peggy's stitch eraser and didn't have much success unless it was just lettering. Best bet I agree rip the stitches on the back and then use tweezers to pull the stitches out on the front.

marthe brault-hunt 08-22-2011 04:03 AM

Let him do the job.

RkayD 08-22-2011 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by Divokittysmom
If you check places like Nancy's Notions or Clotilde you will find 'embroidery erasers'. They are actually a small shaver/razor like tool that will remove it quickly. I do agree however it will leave holes especially in the areas that are very dense. I believe one tool is called Peggy's Stitch Eraser. Hope this helps

This or a shaver or razor blade - seam ripper

Anyway you look at it you are talking a major undertaking. Buy lots of packing size tape to pull the fuzzes and help you keep the thread explosion under control. Good Luck! I couldn't do it.. He should sell it to someone who still works there and buy himself a brand spankin' new one. ;-)

PaperPrincess 08-22-2011 04:52 AM

Takes a lot of patience, HOURS and HOURS of time, a good light and a magnifying glass. Tiny sharp scissors or a razor-type seam ripper will work. As stated above, cut bobbin thread, then pull emb thread from front.
Jacket better be worth all the effort.

CoriAmD 08-22-2011 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Divokittysmom
If you check places like Nancy's Notions or Clotilde you will find 'embroidery erasers'. They are actually a small shaver/razor like tool that will remove it quickly. I do agree however it will leave holes especially in the areas that are very dense. I believe one tool is called Peggy's Stitch Eraser. Hope this helps

I have one of these things - I DO NOT recommend it! I used it and it "ate" a hole in the fabric... had to put a patch over it.

GagaSmith 08-22-2011 06:56 AM

Thanks for the advice. DH does have a mustache trimmer--I'll give it a try.

GV09 08-22-2011 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Buzzy Bee
The holes will show....I've had customers bring "bad" embroideries to me to remove....get a magnafyed glass and pick from the back...it will take a long time but if you want it off thats what you have to do,,,,,then you maybe can have something else put on the outside to disguise the needle holes....good luck !!! get a really good seam ripper too...doing it from the back will help with less damage showing.....

I agree with that! Good Lucky! A hug!