Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need Input, Please? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-input-please-t48891.html)

pollyjvan9 06-12-2010 10:17 AM

They are all great, but I like the top one best, just because.

HapaMom 06-12-2010 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Pollyv9
They are all great, but I like the top one best, just because.

LOL! Good reason! Thank you Miss Polly! Btw, I'm from Midwest City! Folks still live there :thumbup:

quiltin mimi 06-12-2010 12:32 PM

I hope you'll let us know what you (and your grandmother) settled on!

Originally Posted by HapaMom

Originally Posted by quiltin mimi
I think it depends on what look you are going for. If the "plate" is going to bring those colors into the room you are using it in and not just to show off the "plate, then I think #2 is best. If you want to show the "plate" off, then I like #3. My suggestion would be to keep your audition staged just the way you have it, maybe keeping them in different rooms of the house so they don't complete loudly with one another. Don't concentrate on them, just allow them to be where you'll see them now and again. I'll bet one will start to feel more right than the others. When it does, that's your choice. And your grandmother may have been helping in that process still.

Hmmmmm .... okay, I'll try that! Thank you Mimi!

Schnookie 06-12-2010 06:44 PM

Hum, looking once more at them, I think I really like the second one, it is bright and cheery! You would be able to use it during any season.

Prairie Quilter 06-13-2010 09:41 AM

I really LOVE the dark blue :D How wonderful that you have precious memories of quilting with your grandmother --- that's a blessing no one can ever take from you.

Alondra 06-13-2010 12:38 PM

I vote, too, for the dark blue. It really sets the plate off beautifully.

HapaMom 06-13-2010 09:54 PM

I hope you'll let us know what you (and your grandmother) settled on!

Originally Posted by HapaMom

I think it depends on what look you are going for. If the "plate" is going to bring those colors into the room you are using it in and not just to show off the "plate, then I think #2 is best. If you want to show the "plate" off, then I like #3. My suggestion would be to keep your audition staged just the way you have it, maybe keeping them in different rooms of the house so they don't complete loudly with one another. Don't concentrate on them, just allow them to be where you'll see them now and again. I'll bet one will start to feel more right than the others. When it does, that's your choice. And your grandmother may have been helping in that process still.

Hmmmmm .... okay, I'll try that! Thank you Mimi!

I surely will ... hopefully, will make it back to the fabric store in town (45 mins away) and spend a couple of hours looking hoping I'll get lucky and a knowledgeable "colour person" will be around, take pity on me and help me *gulp* :lol:

HapaMom 06-13-2010 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Prairie Quilter
I really LOVE the dark blue :D How wonderful that you have precious memories of quilting with your grandmother --- that's a blessing no one can ever take from you.

Aw, so true, thank you PQ *HUGS* for that!

mojo11 06-22-2010 05:49 PM

I think the 3rd is really pretty. The plate really stands out.

quiltin mimi 06-23-2010 04:13 AM

I REALLY want to know what you chose!