Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New place for quilting supplies??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-place-quilting-supplies-t142120.html)

quiltingcandy 08-02-2011 01:54 PM

Very clever! Quilters are always looking for new and improved ways to make our quilts.

Sunflower Girl 08-02-2011 02:03 PM

A pizza pan may be a good size too.

digitalartquilts 08-02-2011 04:06 PM

add connection points on the drawing and print out on card stock. tape together, save it as a gif or jpg.

Ginger2010 08-02-2011 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by ragqueen03
I just had a aha moment today - of course someone may have already discovered this but here it is. I found a pattern last night that needed a 17 inch circle of fabric. Well me being me there is no way i could draw a perfect circle - even with a pencil and piece of string and a nail - if you know what I mean. I had breakfast with a friend of mine today and afterwards stopped at the bulk foods store behind the restaurant. Tada - cardboard cake plates in perfect circles!!!!! from 6 inches to 16 inches!!!!
the largest one was 70 cents!!!! if i had to put a quarter in the cussing jar for every bad word i muttered trying to draw a perfect circle it would have been a lot more than 70 cents!!! also got a 10 inch one for possible potholders/tortilla bags and it was only 35 cents!!!
Though the pattern was for a 17 inch i think the 16 inch will work just fine. It will just be a little smaller!

Oh, you sound just like my grandma back when she was living! Just love you! I use a 16" pizza pan to cut my circles for casserole covers! I just add another inch to make it 17", cause that is what the pattern called for!

QuiltingJaguar 08-02-2011 04:21 PM

For me I can just draw around plates and etc in my cupboards. LOL

featherweight 08-02-2011 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Sunflower Girl
A pizza pan may be a good size too.

That is what I have used in the past also. I had a pizza pan that had to be at least 18 inches a round.

harryb1834 08-02-2011 05:18 PM

Ok, for me this is easy. I make circles out of plywoods all day long for the lap frames. Is this something I should make and sell? I could cut wood templates for any size circle out of 1/8" or 1/4" stock. What sizes would be best?

Please send a PM or post advise. I am always looking for something new to make.

- Harry

ragqueen03 08-02-2011 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by harryb1834
Ok, for me this is easy. I make circles out of plywoods all day long for the lap frames. Is this something I should make and sell? I could cut wood templates for any size circle out of 1/8" or 1/4" stock. What sizes would be best?

Please send a PM or post advise. I am always looking for something new to make.

- Harry

not sure how much of a market there would be for this, harry. i am a fairly new quilter. maybe some others that have done more would have a better idea. of course the wood could be finished and maybe painted with some sort of quilt design on it????

charmpacksplus 08-02-2011 05:26 PM

I love finding new places for quilting supplies! This is a great one.... thanks :D

Lucymae 08-02-2011 05:34 PM

Sure beats dragging plates and lids into the sewing room!
Thanks....