Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New tool I bought at the Sew Expo yesterday (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-tool-i-bought-sew-expo-yesterday-t168864.html)

lfstamper 11-20-2011 06:13 AM

Curious to know how you like it!

CherryPie 11-20-2011 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by vondae (Post 4694666)
Looks really interesting. Please let us know what you think after you have had a chance to try it. I don't like to waste $, but if it makes the job easier & faster, I'm all for that.

Yes, please let us know how you like it. Thanks for sharing.

kjohnson 11-20-2011 06:21 AM

I'll be anxious to hear how you like it.

jaciqltznok 11-20-2011 06:47 AM

sadly the INVENTORS always make it look easy to use..after all, it was designed to help THEM with issues they are having..if you are not having those issues, then it might not work for you!

I think it looks terrible bulky and cumbersome myself...I like to lie my hand flat to control my cutting..this takes that control away.

Doubt it is for me!

jaciqltznok 11-20-2011 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by JenelTX (Post 4700978)
Finally! A use for my bacon press. I wanted one for years, and now that I have it, I never use it. That's about to change. Guess I better make sure it's super clean first. ;)

I was thinking that...or even a cement trowel!

Geri B 11-20-2011 06:57 AM

this little gadget looks very interesting and might be helpful, but I think that a lot of slippage is due to the ruler sliding on the fabric, thus those little sandpaper strips hold it in place rather than the brute force of leaning on the ruler

pjk0326 11-20-2011 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok (Post 4701130)
sadly the INVENTORS always make it look easy to use..after all, it was designed to help THEM with issues they are having..if you are not having those issues, then it might not work for you!

I think it looks terrible bulky and cumbersome myself...I like to lie my hand flat to control my cutting..this takes that control away.

Doubt it is for me!

Jaciqltznok, I was the same way and then about 2 months ago I lost a chunk of my finger because my rotary cutter ran across the ruler instead of the fabric! I now have to use those gripping handles - just too scared not to!!! So sometimes circumstances force us to adapt to new ways of doing things!

Needle Up 11-20-2011 07:11 AM

I think I will wait until our big show In Jan. Would like to see how it works. Looks neat.

maine ladybug 11-20-2011 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Linda - K. (Post 4694445)
I found this at the Puyallup, WA Sew Expo yesterday. Haven't used it yet but tried it there and it seems to be very helpful with the cutting rulers slipping when you cut. The inventor was demonstrating it and I like it! Here's the web address to check it out. I bought the 24" size.

www.quiltersslidelock.com

Looks like an interesting product. Please post again after you try it and let us know what you really think about it.
I used to go to that show when I lived in Oregon. What a great show!

KerryK 11-20-2011 07:24 AM

It has taken me years to get over the habit of buying every gadget that comes along. I have finally learned to wait a little while to see if the new gadgets have staying power. So, I'll wait about this, too. Keep us posted, please.