Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   NFL quilt.....yikes! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/nfl-quilt-yikes-t32972.html)

littlehud 01-02-2010 08:53 PM

Wow, at least my son like just one team. It could be fun shopping for all the fabric though.

BKinCO 01-03-2010 07:23 AM

Thanks for all the lovely offers of fabrics! Luckily I was able to purchase fat quarters from each team online, and they arrived yesterday. I laid them out and I guess they didn't look so bad together....some teams have both dark and light background fabrics, and I am trying to choose the dark background. Most of them seem to be dark.

I'm starting to feel a little better about this project~ I can see I will find plenty of support here from my new friends :)

Dawn Hendrix 01-03-2010 07:38 AM

Can't wait to see this in progress.. you might just inspire us to undertake it for our NFL fans...... My daughter heads back to CO on wednesday... she goes to NCU.

omak 01-03-2010 12:48 PM

It is so delightful to know that we can be of service to other quilters through this site.
I can't praise the administrator and staff for this fine example of people working together for the better of all ... I have learned so much here! <wave>

MadQuilter 01-03-2010 12:58 PM

If you use the team logos, those pieces should be relatively large and you should be done sooner. (If you can't tell, I've had to suffer through some "have to" quilts. lol)

Simple sashing as a border would make a real nice simple quilt. Try to have fun with it - just think of how much the recipient is going to love it.

BKinCO 01-03-2010 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Dawn Hendrix
Can't wait to see this in progress.. you might just inspire us to undertake it for our NFL fans...... My daughter heads back to CO on wednesday... she goes to NCU.

Don't know where you are on the East Coast, but it's chilly willy here :) Of course, she's headed to a different part of the state than I'm in so she may be better off than we are....

BKinCO 01-03-2010 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
If you use the team logos, those pieces should be relatively large and you should be done sooner. (If you can't tell, I've had to suffer through some "have to" quilts. lol)

Simple sashing as a border would make a real nice simple quilt. Try to have fun with it - just think of how much the recipient is going to love it.

LOL..."have to" quilts....it doesn't help that I went to the LQS today and saw lots and lots of OTHER projects I'd rather be working on.....but.......I'm sure I'll suffer through :lol:

BKinCO 01-03-2010 03:29 PM

OK, So I was going to attach some pictures here of the fabrics I've chosen.....

But then I was thinking...should I post those here or in the Personal Diaries section??? I'm still learning my way around here....

BKinCO 01-03-2010 03:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What the heck, I'll put them here and if they need to be moved I'm sure I can figure that out :)

These are the "background" fabrics:

BKinCO 01-03-2010 03:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And here's all the team fabrics