Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   a nice compliment I think (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/nice-compliment-i-think-t103255.html)

Baloonatic 02-27-2011 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011

Originally Posted by sharon b
She did mean it in a wonderful way ! that means you did a great job on it - to get it so flat :mrgreen: Mine have more lumps and bumps then a box of cubed sugar :shock: LOL

My topper is coming out that way, but I look in the book and so is there's so I think I'm doing right if not, work on the second one better, cause I'm not taking it apart...LOL

Iron it into submission!!!

ncsewer 02-27-2011 07:09 AM

Since I joined the board, I started pressing every time I make a seam. I starch before cutting and before I put the completed squares together. Then when I got all done I spent quite a bit of time pressing it again. I think I'll have it longarmed and it's the first time so I figured flat would help.

Originally Posted by j
Was it starched, how did you get it so flat. Mine never are - J.

LivelyLady 02-27-2011 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b
She did mean it in a wonderful way ! that means you did a great job on it - to get it so flat :mrgreen: Mine have more lumps and bumps then a box of cubed sugar :shock: LOL

tooo funny :-D and I can relate to lumps and bumps :)

CarrieAnne 02-27-2011 07:48 AM

I think it was a nice compliment!

auntdeb 02-27-2011 08:05 AM

I think it was a good comment too. However she meant it, it's a good comment on your work!!!

Stitchnripper 02-27-2011 08:12 AM

A compliment for sure. Would love to see it!

Doreen 02-27-2011 08:58 AM

It is nice when a quilt lies flat because sometimes when we piece, we get puckers. I bought the CD from Bonnie Botts,
she is a professional quilter. The Cd's name is "spray starch and Steam. Her method forces the blocks and border to lie flat. It works!

fred singer 02-27-2011 09:00 AM

I think that she was try to give you a compliment

DogHouseMom 02-27-2011 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by ncsewer
Went to the quilt shop to get backing for a quilt I'm making my Mom. The lady behind me said, is that printed like that or is it pieced. I said, "Oh, it's pieced" and turned it over to show her. Then she said, "Oh, it's so flat I thought it was printed". Hmmm, I thought that the tops were supposed to be pressed and that flat was good? I think she meant it to be nice.

that was definately a compliment!! One I'm afraid I may never receive :)

kapatt 02-27-2011 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by ncsewer
Went to the quilt shop to get backing for a quilt I'm making my Mom. The lady behind me said, is that printed like that or is it pieced. I said, "Oh, it's pieced" and turned it over to show her. Then she said, "Oh, it's so flat I thought it was printed". Hmmm, I thought that the tops were supposed to be pressed and that flat was good? I think she meant it to be nice.

That is a good compliment. I would have said thank you if someone made that comment to me.

:thumbup: