Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Oi! Color choices are hard!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/oi-color-choices-hard-t15497.html)

Evelynquilts 01-18-2009 12:56 PM

I really liked 1 or 3 :wink:

butterflywing 01-18-2009 01:52 PM

when you talk about sending it out to a professional, do mean for the actual quilting or do you mean that YOU will do the quilting and you want someone to do the binding only? there are ladies here on this board who do beautiful machine quilting if that's what you're looking for. i don't remember who they are, but you might be able to ask the moderators.

Mousie 01-18-2009 08:05 PM

Rainforest_elf
thought you might be interested:
I bought a really great book a couple years ago on amazon.com. got it used. don't remember what i paid for it, think with shipping it was 8 or 9 dollars and brand new.
It's called: Color Magic for Quilters by Ann Seely and Joyce Stewart.
I have a lot of books, and under instructional ones I would say this is my #1 or #2 favorite. I learned tons about colors and how to put them together and it's just a well written book with all kinds of great examples of blocks etc. When I first got it I read it from cover to cover in one day.

Mousie 01-18-2009 08:07 PM

I meant that I bought it used but it was in new condition. you can usually see books before you buy them there. C

Marguerite 01-21-2009 09:04 AM

I really like the blue. It is softer on your eyes. The Mauve is way to bold for me and when I close my eyes, I see the black diamond squares. I'm really not fond o fth green at all.
marguerite

azcatlady 01-21-2009 10:26 AM

Wow, a hard choice. Like so many have said, I really liked them all, but I guess if I had to choose, it would be #1.

Good luck on the quilt!

Prism99 01-21-2009 10:41 PM

Are you planning to hand quilt or machine quilt? That could make a difference on whether or not you want to have the quilt machine basted by a longarm professional.

Machine basting is a great idea if you are going to hand quilt. If you plan to machine quilt it yourself, it's preferable to either pin baste or spray baste the sandwich. Spray basting is fast and easy to do at home, and considerably less expensive than having the quilt machine basted. When you are machine quilting, you do not want to have to stop every few inches to pull out basting threads and/or try to pull out basting threads after you have machine quilted over them. Machine quilters usually either pin baste or spray baste.

(I liked #1 the best too.)

Mary

Rainforest_elf 01-21-2009 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Prism99
Are you planning to hand quilt or machine quilt? That could make a difference on whether or not you want to have the quilt machine basted by a longarm professional.

Machine basting is a great idea if you are going to hand quilt. If you plan to machine quilt it yourself, it's preferable to either pin baste or spray baste the sandwich. Spray basting is fast and easy to do at home, and considerably less expensive than having the quilt machine basted. When you are machine quilting, you do not want to have to stop every few inches to pull out basting threads and/or try to pull out basting threads after you have machine quilted over them. Machine quilters usually either pin baste or spray baste.

(I liked #1 the best too.)

Mary

I'll be machine quilting it. So you think getting it binded professionally may be pointless? I remember absolutely nothing of the original quilt I made and how I got the top, batting, and backing all together aside from my aunt helping me pin everything together and then I just stiched down the blocks I had made with my sewing machine....

Boy I really need to take a quilting class.

PrettyKitty 01-22-2009 02:45 AM

number one seems the least busy and most pleasing to the eye

mar32428 01-24-2009 11:03 AM

No.1 is tops cause I'm a blue lover. BUT I did like No.2