Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Ok Quilters...what is your dream machine that you use??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ok-quilters-what-your-dream-machine-you-use-t72089.html)

BATIKQLTR 10-25-2010 06:39 AM

Butterfly quilter: I let my DH know that I thought tools were a luxury. That was a very mean thing to say to you!

My DH said he didn't think I needed 3 sewing machines because I can only use one at a time. Well, I told him I thought a truck, a car and a sandbuggy was a waste also, because he could only drive one at a time. He now doesn't even look into my sewing room.

Oh yea, I use my 1966 Kenmore for most everything and I have a serger and a little travel Kenmore.

Candace 10-25-2010 06:47 AM

It's all about perspective, isn't it? :>

Sew Lovins 10-25-2010 08:16 AM

Hmmm now I am very interested in a FW. Seems like everyone likes theirs.

**and love how the topic of sex and food deprivation enters into the conversation!! Don't mess with a ladies machine, thats for sure!

gale 10-25-2010 11:27 AM

I've been wanting a featherweight for a while now but mainly because everyone else loves them so much. I'm sure I would too. :mrgreen:

cheryl222 10-25-2010 11:31 AM

Juki 98 Q for piecing, Bailey !7" for quilting.

Jamiestitcher62 10-25-2010 11:36 AM

I use my Janome Horizon 7700 for most everything. I have the 11000SE but I only use that for embroidery.

purplefiend 10-25-2010 05:03 PM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Sew Lovins
Is that in a foot treadle? How cool...do you get a workout or is it low impact?

Originally Posted by purplefiend
piecing on 1 of 3 Singer treadles and for FMQ a Sapphire 875.

:thumbup:

A well oiled and properly adjusted treadle isn't hard to use at all. You can see pictures of 3 of my people powered sewing machines, no electric motor. I'm the engine. I have
been using treadle machines since 2007.

Singer 237 treadle machine in a 120 year old Singer cabinet
[ATTACH=CONFIG]89479[/ATTACH]

Singer coffin top treadle machine cabinet(circa 120yrs)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]89480[/ATTACH]

1937 Singer 201k treadle machine in a straight leg Singer treadle cabinet.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]89481[/ATTACH]

1949 Singer 15-90 treadle machine(formerly electric)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]89533[/ATTACH]

quiltnmom 10-25-2010 05:29 PM

I have one machine and it is my Bernina 230PE that my DH bought me when my other machine died in August. It's not my "dream machine" but it is better than the machine I had. If it hadn't been for some money DH received when his father passed away that we only used for "special" purchases, I would not have the Bernina. I would however have gotten a cheaper machine from Walmart though. And after I was in DH barn this weekend and noticed he had 5 routers, I told him if I ever buy another sewing machine I didn't want to hear a word. He tried to tell me they do different things and I told him that sewing machines do different things too.

Butterfly Quilter: I like the underwear thing that was suggested. But I also like that his clothes might need to be mended to. Maybe you could take up hand quilting and make him a quilt out of his clothes one piece at a time. When he says...honey, have you seen my ____, you can say no sure haven't and just snicker to yourself. hehehe

quilter41 10-25-2010 06:00 PM

I use a Viking 950 for piecing & embroidery and a Baby Lock Quilters Pro for quilting. Also have a featherweight, Pfaff 6270, Viking 545, and a serger. Sewing machine poor

Sew Lovins 10-25-2010 06:15 PM

Definitely will be on he lookout for one of these in the future...someone was selling one not far from here but it was in horrible condition...I'd love to find a better cared for one...Thanks for the pix

Originally Posted by Sew Lovins
Is that in a foot treadle? How cool...do you get a workout or is it low impact?

piecing on 1 of 3 Singer treadles and for FMQ a Sapphire 875.

:thumbup:

A well oiled and properly adjusted treadle isn't hard to use at all. You can see pictures of 3 of my people powered sewing machines, no electric motor. I'm the engine. I have
been using treadle machines since 2007.

:)