Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   One of the hazards of a UFO (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/one-hazards-ufo-t218198.html)

gigi712 04-04-2013 12:30 PM

Once I start a quilt, I finish it. That's my rule and so far so good.

kaelynangelfoot 04-04-2013 01:59 PM

I use shoeboxes for UFOs, and keep the pattern, the project, and any supplies all in the same shoe box. Got my shoe boxes for free from a local shoe store that was more than happy to give them away.

Janice McC 04-04-2013 02:15 PM

This morning I pulled out some old BOM blocks and I found a sashing kit and back buried in the cabinet. No notes, no nothing. Unfortunately, from the fabric, I cannot tell which set of blocks it was meant for. In fact, I cannot even remember buying the sashing and backing! IMHO, it doesn't go with anything! Well, guess I'll find a use for it.

Boston1954 04-04-2013 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Nammie to 7 (Post 5977384)
That is a lesson I learned the hard way also - now all my projects are kept together - even including specialty rulers. Saves the pain later.

I have even put the spool of thread in with it. I have a thing about putting two different threads in the same project.

sylviak 04-04-2013 07:16 PM

I have a UFO that I haven't even started the cutting on, but I have all the fabric and the pattern. However, I do remember (after 8 yrs), that I had decided to make it differently and had purchased the fabric accordingly! And, of course, I can't remember how I was going to do it differently, LOL!

helenhiwater 04-06-2013 05:19 AM

I have more than one project in progress, but no UFOs. Seems to me that any seperated bits just add to the stash for other projects.

Geri B 04-06-2013 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by francie yuhas (Post 5976996)
Catholics have a word with St Anthony...He's sposed to help find the lost. Works for me.

Without his help I would be weaving baskets by this time!

kateyb 04-06-2013 06:11 AM

I don't consider a project a UFO until it is cut out. I put it in a container or zip bag with directions (I used to put the books with the project . Now I copy that pattern from the book) , thread etc together. If it is my own idea I make good notes so I know what I had in mind. Then when ready to cut I'm all set. Sometimes it takes a while to have all the fabrics because I try to get them on sale (I keep a list). Right now I'm trying to use up scraps so I will have more space.

Emma S 04-06-2013 06:24 AM

Funny how some threads just ring a bell. I started my April UFO. Its all pieced except sewing the rows together, putting a "floating" border and an outside border. Well when all the rows were on the design wall I just had what appeared to be a few left over pieces in the bottom of the box. Much hand wringing, oh no how will I ever match the lavender in the background. Decided to put the left over scraps in my scrap pile, sure enough, what appeared to be scraps was the missing border. I sent a thank you to the past me that was feeling organized that day. Keep looking I am sure you will find it.

GramMER 04-06-2013 07:17 AM

ALL my UFO's are stored--somewhere! That is the story of my life now. I have been searching for one almost finished quilt top I started back in 1885 and not a soul remembers which shed or attic it is in. I have the border and backing cloth with me, but no blocks to be found.