Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Opinions on the Singer Futura Quartet on Hsn TS? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/opinions-singer-futura-quartet-hsn-ts-t205344.html)

ragquilter 11-07-2012 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by akisan (Post 5641671)
I had a Singer Futura and will never buy another singer again. I have an old Singer 503 Rockeeter and it's still going. I don't trust the new Singers now.

How long ago did you have the Futura because they have used that name for several decades? Also, the Singer Co. was bought out in 2005 and now belongs to the same company that owns Pfaffs and Vikings. Thank you and I would LOVE to have another Rockeeter. I learned to sew on a 301 and traded it for a rockeeter and quit sewing for some years, so I sold it, DUMB!

DonnaC 11-07-2012 03:53 PM

So, ragquilter, did you cave yet (LOL)?? I'm still thinking about it. I was hoping it would be sold out by the time I got home from work so I wouldn't have to make the decision!

ragquilter 11-07-2012 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by DonnaC (Post 5641854)
So, ragquilter, did you cave yet (LOL)?? I'm still thinking about it. I was hoping it would be sold out by the time I got home from work so I wouldn't have to make the decision!

No, I'm watching it right now. I am not sure I need all the features but it is grand, isn't it. I am leaning toward getting the Stylist ll, it may do all I need right now. With my 15% off coupon I will pay $280 plus tax and free shipping. Not sure, I wanted to see the other machine that should be on this hour but it is $499 and I haven't figured in the 15% coupon. Let me know if you cave.

momto5 11-07-2012 04:25 PM

I have the Singer Futura CE-200, and have had for a number of years. I use it in my business and it does very well. However, I HAVE heard others say that they really didn't like theirs...guess it boils down to "different strokes for different folks"....you could probably find some info on it if you Google "Singer Futura CE-200"...

ragquilter 11-07-2012 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by momto5 (Post 5641915)
I have the Singer Futura CE-200, and have had for a number of years. I use it in my business and it does very well. However, I HAVE heard others say that they really didn't like theirs...guess it boils down to "different strokes for different folks"....you could probably find some info on it if you Google "Singer Futura CE-200"...

Thank you for your input. I think this is more machine right now than I need but I want something with more decorative stitches so I got the Stylist ll.

DonnaC 11-07-2012 07:44 PM

Good for you! Hope you enjoy your new machine!

ragquilter 11-07-2012 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by DonnaC (Post 5642293)
Good for you! Hope you enjoy your new machine!

At least I will have until the end of January to try it out. I really should not have but my enabler (DH) insisted that I needed a machine with fancy stitches. This is my 4th and last machine unless something blows up or my DD talks me out of one. But with my coupon and free shipping I didn't do bad. Did you cave yet?

Julie R 11-07-2012 08:25 PM

I need to change the channel - quick!