Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Pin Basted then......I cried (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pin-basted-then-i-cried-t113165.html)

Cozy quilter 04-04-2011 10:31 AM

Here's where the fabric adhesive spray might come in handy. I've had to unpin a few quilts too. It's worse when you are working from the floor!

sassy granny 04-04-2011 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by BeeNana
I know what you are saying. Yes walk away.
Go get that kwik klip [I think it's called]...
buy more toys while your there and a chocolate bar!
I would be like you, knowing I wouldn't be
satisfied until it is right.

It's hard to get all the toys and the kwik klip is one I don't have, yet. I really don't feel the need since I found a pencil that works. Yes, the old yellow wooden pencil we used in school. It has a ridged metal band around the bottom of the eraser and it's perfect for holding under the pin and latching it. Works for me. All saved on gadgets is more for fabrics. Wheeeeee

sassy granny 04-04-2011 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by BeeNana
I know what you are saying. Yes walk away.
Go get that kwik klip [I think it's called]...
buy more toys while your there and a chocolate bar!
I would be like you, knowing I wouldn't be
satisfied until it is right.

It's hard to get all the toys and the kwik klip is one I don't have, yet. I really don't feel the need since I found a pencil that works. Yes, the old yellow wooden pencil we used in school. It has a ridged metal band around the bottom of the eraser and it's perfect for holding under the pin and latching it. Works for me. All saved on gadgets is more for fabrics. Wheeeeee

sassy granny 04-04-2011 11:06 AM

Now I know why so many are double posting. It doesn't seem to go anywhere on the first click and you click again and then it starts and doesn't quit until all the clicks are through. Still going slow.

gangles 04-04-2011 12:43 PM

I hold a small handled screw driver in my left hand and use it to open and close safety pins.

tinliz 04-04-2011 01:26 PM

I had one of the wooden handled gizmo's to help with pinning. Have no clue what happened to it after several moves. Now I use a grapefruit spoon, which I store with my pins.

I had to sew an extra piece of backing on after I hand quilted a quilt. It worked fine.

adrianlee 04-04-2011 01:28 PM

Been there!! Hubby helped me sandwich all the pieces, looked perfect. Queen size. I tied the whole quilt, 4 inches apart. Just so pleased UNTIL I turned it over. Growl, hiss! There was a wrinkle running from one corner diagonal to the other corner. I told hubby I need space for a few hours, wasn't his fault, just happened. I then took all the ties out. Didn't touch it until the next day. Do-over and it was perfect.

joann hussey 04-04-2011 02:52 PM

You can also use a grapefruit spoon, it works

Grandma Peg 04-04-2011 03:58 PM

Good luck hope it works out for you.

shnnn 04-04-2011 04:07 PM

I found one of the kids plastic spoons in my drawer to pin with -- it's Piglet - and the pins fit between his ears just right...