Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Please adopt me! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/please-adopt-me-t110783.html)

GGinMcKinney 03-27-2011 04:04 PM

DH said the box labeled tampons & pads would NEVER be opened by him! It is a winner in our book.

Buy a home with a quilting room so it just begs for fabric!!!

gigi10 03-27-2011 04:06 PM

this is great. I started my day with this post and now I am ending it here. I have laughed and snickered all day. Every ones post is great. I really like this AND I have learned many things today.

quilterpam 03-27-2011 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by MZStitch
Use your stash as packing supplies. Fat quarters would be great to wrap a glass. Buy more glasses if you have to! lol.

great idea!!!! :thumbup:

Liz aka Helen 03-27-2011 05:51 PM

Come and stay with me, I work at a truck stop cooking so when I come home I don't want to cook, and since home is a motel I have plenty of room..lol. It on Historic Route 66 in New Mexico. DH won't mind since he doesn't cook any way, just have a lot of furbabies to contend with though. Cats and Chihuahua's.

writerwomen 03-27-2011 08:26 PM

Actually the person who mentioned usig it for packing materials was on target. We have moved 13 times in 22 years of marriage. Some with the milatary most on our own. One of those we were short on time, money and any family to beg help from. My husband contacted a men's shelter and hired two men for the day. One of the men carefully began wrapping our dishes in towels etc. He explained he also had been military and his former wife had bought very expensive china which he packed over and over again. He then proceeded to show me to line the bottom of a dish crate box with some towels or thick fabric. Fold the cloth back and forth between dishes then stand them on their egde padded so they don't shift. Just think of all the money you will save on packing materials- pitch it to your husband that way- he'll be thrilled to realize how thrifty you are being. If that doesn't work you can always smuggle it in folded in towels, tshirts etc.

Happy Tails 03-27-2011 08:33 PM

Paulette...I see u r in Ottawa and since I also see u r in hiding u can't tell me where in Ottawa. I used to work at Costco in Napean and also the one in Kanata.....I lived in Carleton Place. my son and DIL live there :)

Patchworkmarion 03-27-2011 09:44 PM

If you cook and clean come to Australia.I could collect you when we come to Italy in October.

Rose L 03-27-2011 09:48 PM

Oh heck! If you're cooking and cleaning..you can have my room with the big bathroom all to yourself!! AND you can have all the extra space under the LA for your pretty fabrics ;)

katigirl 03-27-2011 11:07 PM

You can have a home with any one of us. We all understand not being able to give up the stash. The nerve of your husband to even suggest it. See how well he does if he has to fend for himself while you and your stash are off visiting all of us. lol.

vschieve 03-28-2011 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by ginnie6

Originally Posted by mimom
put them in a box and write tampons and pads on it, he'll never know cause he'll never bother to look. 8-)

I just spit coffee on my monitor! lol! I'm gonna remember that obne if we ever move and all the girls are still at home. There's 4 of them....I could have boxes and boxes and boxes........

Now you have me ROFL! You "painted" a very vivid picture of your monitor!!