Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Please Help!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/please-help-t177973.html)

Mkotch 02-04-2012 12:20 PM

Why not contact a guild near you (or if you don't know of one, ask at your local quilt shop) and offer to bring a few boxes or bags full for members to make charity quilts?

Our local adult day center has ongoing craft events. If there's one in your town, they may be happy to have some.

We regularly have a clothing giveaway in our community, and besides taking old clothes, the folks there have a rag pick up. Contact your local solid waste management people.

Good luck!

BellaBoo 02-04-2012 12:36 PM

Everyone is my guild has more fabric then they will use. The donation committee regularly has donated fabric given to them by members as needed. Most guilds do not need a big donation of fabric, where to store it is a problem. If the fabric is at a thrift store, it will be bought.

Sheepshed 02-04-2012 01:06 PM

Give it away LOL. Find a Project Linus chapter in your area, or as close to you, as you can, CALL them and tell someone you have 200 pounds of fabric (thats about 600 yards) all cottons and ask them to come get it... I bet they take you up on it with no problem. And I would presume P.Linus will give a receipt you could use at tax time, it might be a tax deduction would be worth more than $1 a yard and having strangers in your house.

I am sure your area also has nursing homes, senior centers, and churches. They would come get donated cotton s too. Good luck.

Doreen 02-04-2012 01:36 PM

I live in El Paso Tx. I could help organize. Sometimes it is very hard to get rid of fabric that we love. I think some of us have more fabric than what we know what to do with. I am quilting as fast as I can. I make pillow cases and quilts for project Linus. I still have plenty of fabric. Last October I made 8 quilts for family memebers and I didn't need to buy any fabric!

dchev 02-04-2012 02:12 PM

I would like to thank all of you for the great ideas and for the ones that have messaged me I am trying to find the fabrics that you are looking for it might take me a while but I will try to find them and contact you then. Sorry for the delay

KathyPhillips 02-04-2012 04:08 PM

Where in TX. I am in TX, also.

Kathy

Originally Posted by dchev (Post 4937854)
Thanks for all the replys and ideas. I live in Texas. If anyone needs a special fabric please let me know.

sushi 02-04-2012 04:25 PM

I'm always on the lookout for a specific umbrella print I bought at Hancock's a year or two ago. The umbrellas were large, and the colors were very bright. It was discontinued and sold out just as I decided it would make a gorgeous Stack'nWhack. I'm still hoping to find enough. Please pm me if you think you may have this one.

Quilting Angel 02-04-2012 06:16 PM

Wish you were close to me. I'd come take some off of ya. :)

sewbeadit 02-04-2012 06:35 PM

Several times I have given many boxes to project Linus to make quilts with. They appreciate it. Donate a bunch to some different charities that you know will use it.

raedar63 02-04-2012 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by IrishNY (Post 4940170)
I would be happy to fly in to help you and you could pay me in fabric! :-)

Now that is a deal worth considering!