Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Please tell me we're not crazy! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/please-tell-me-were-not-crazy-t209806.html)

BeckyB 01-01-2013 09:34 AM

Good for both of you :) It is a good thing to keep your mind working and a learning curve is just the thing to keep you both sharp!

Lori S 01-01-2013 09:35 AM

Having the tools you love and use are never crazy.

vondae 01-01-2013 07:01 PM

No time like the present to learn.

alleyoop1 01-02-2013 05:10 AM

I have a dear friend who has the Bernina Quilt Frame, machine and Quilt Motion. It takes a while to get used to it, but she loves it and the quilting she does is magnificent! I looked into it (I have the Bernina Quilt Frame and use my little 440QE on it) but I'm not ready to spend that much money yet.
For those of you who don't know about Quilt Motion - it is sold for other machines under different names - is is control board that goes on your carriage under your machine. There is also a control that fastens to your quilt frame handle and you must use a computer to run it all. You select the design, designate the size of your block and it quilts it for you.
Good luck to you and your SIL. Can't wait to see the beautiful work you will be producing with your new set up!

debbieoh 01-02-2013 06:02 AM

CRAZY???? NO WAY!!! I only wish i was the one asking if I was crazy

quiltmom04 01-02-2013 06:24 AM

You're not crazy - you're lucky! Being able to afford one good machine, much less two, is a dream for anyone. Enjoy your good fortune and quilt like crazy!!

SunlitenSmiles 01-02-2013 07:22 AM

so before he calls check your supply of batting and thread and get out every pieced top in the UFO/WIP boxes and give them a good press.....you have soooooosewwwww much fun ahead of you !!!! purchase more batting and thread before you pick up machine because you will not want to stop....be sure you have menus from all local food shops that deliver...................have a truley great 2013

justflyingin 01-02-2013 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles (Post 5756695)
so before he calls check your supply of batting and thread and get out every pieced top in the UFO/WIP boxes and give them a good press.....you have soooooosewwwww much fun ahead of you !!!! purchase more batting and thread before you pick up machine because you will not want to stop....be sure you have menus from all local food shops that deliver...................have a truley great 2013

This one made me laugh. I too think the same way.

Why would we think you are crazy? We all are enablers! Enjoy!

JoanneS 01-02-2013 10:07 AM

Wow! You really had fun in a short time. And now you have someone to learn with. That should make the learning curve easier to cope with. Congratulations! You don't have a problem making decisions, and you're not crazy!

paulswalia 01-02-2013 10:09 AM

well, that was a boost to the local economy, wasn't it? I will be anxiously watching for updates on your use of the new machines!