Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Poll: What would you do? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/poll-what-would-you-do-t215296.html)

DebbE 03-04-2013 07:31 AM

Either B, and/or D: if out of the fabric, as our quilting ancestors did, I'd try to match it fairly closely (or pick one of the contrasting colors) and maybe do 4 blocks of those, and put each in the 4 corners. You can make it look like its a design decision then.

valleyquiltermo 03-04-2013 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by momto5 (Post 5899603)
Match the color as closely as you can; then add borders until you get to the size you want. I wouldn't do a thing to the rectangles except sew them like they were supposed to be at 8 1/2 X 2 1/2. When you get them put together and the borders added, no one will know except you!

Ditto on momto5's Ideal, for the 2 you are missing I would just cut something in solid and make it your label on the front, or just use it as a place to say I love you.

roserips 03-04-2013 08:54 AM

I would do B since that is what quilters do sew small pieces together to make larger pieces.

kydeb 03-04-2013 10:03 AM

I feel your pain!! I was cutting fabric for some triangulations that I had printed and cut it for the wrong ones! I cut them too small and I cut too many pieces. A small disaster but luckily I had purchased a little extra fabric and I can make it work out. It's the Civil War Tribute quilt so the fabric is really important. VERY frustrating!!! In your case, I would probably choose option b if the print was so that it wouldn't be too obvious :) Happy Quilting!!

AndiR 03-04-2013 10:37 AM

B. Once it's all put together and quilted no one will notice.

Sierra 03-04-2013 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Sarint (Post 5900954)
I like color, so I would choose a different color and make them pop out!

That's what I would consider. I find that a bright spot is fun, looks like it was put there on purpose (trying to match colors could be awfully hard, and why not add a bit of pop.

But the way I would probably do it is to put the last two squares down in the corner and put the child's name, your name and date on it. Why not have it front and center for him to see!

Suziuki 03-04-2013 01:27 PM

Depending on the age of your son have you thought to ask his thoughts on this delemma or is this a surprise or present that you don't want him to know about. He may have his own ideas on what could solve the situation and that way you will not have to worry so much and he will have put his own personal touch to it.

maxnme01 03-04-2013 04:35 PM

Do "B" but sew on a 45 deg angle and it will be invisible. Trust me!!!!

Donna in Bellevue 03-04-2013 06:42 PM

I went to the "In Search of" forum but didn't see what you have. I have some dinosaurs I'm not using and can certainly spare some if I have the right one. Where do I look to find the picture?

calla 03-04-2013 07:32 PM

I would pick A........and put them in diagonal corners.........calla