Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Project of Doom? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/project-doom-t223047.html)

Rosyhf 06-05-2013 03:15 PM

hahahahha how funny is it that my H quilt I am making is up on the board by Harry?

youngduncan 06-07-2013 03:22 AM

I was fortunate enough to discover her site and do the blocks as they came out the first time. That was my first experience with paper piecing, and I must say that I am hooked on the process. The whole thing was a lot fun. I managed to spill a cup of coffee on the finished top before I could even begin quilting it. There are now some holes and bare spots in it from going through the washer and dryer. I haven't decided whether I want to try to patch it or just make another one from scratch. I forgot that coordination strikes someone every forty-five seconds -- I was the victim that time. I don't try to drink coffee while I'm quilting anymore, though. HA! HA!

mjsylvstr 06-07-2013 03:38 AM

Have you gone into the Fandom site? It is fantastic...with so many designs from which to chose.
They have all the Harry Potter patterns......too many to count !!!!!

I have done some of their Dr.Who blocks for my family who are all SciFi fans.

I made some blocks from the Blue's Clue patterns and sent them to Fandom for a woman whose grandson was going into the hospital and she needed help from some of the others to get it finished for him..

Also did Asylan of Narnia........check it out..... www.fandominstitches.com

AlienQuilter 06-07-2013 05:09 AM

Looking forward to watching the progress of your quilt.

Am really jealous of those panels. You were smart to snatch them up when you did.

tlpa 06-07-2013 06:26 AM

That IS adorable!

Chasing Hawk 06-07-2013 06:54 AM

Cute pattern, although I would have to find something to substitute the owl block with.

AlienQuilter 06-07-2013 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk (Post 6108862)
Cute pattern, although I would have to find something to substitute the owl block with.

Just because I'm curious, why? Is it because it's too light a color?

solstice3 06-07-2013 08:05 AM

cute pattern

P-BurgKay 06-07-2013 09:44 AM

It is a really fun quilt, I am working on one right now, for my oldest granddaughter for college graduation. I have about 250 to 300 hours in piecing, all paper pieced. When I get mine bound, I will try to post a picture. I am hand quilting the one I am making. A whole new experience for me, I had done a little paper piecing, but nothing to this extent. I have learned a lot making it.

Sewfine 06-07-2013 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Rosyhf (Post 6105955)
Here is the pic of the panel, I have two, thank God as I read in another thread that ebay is gouging on HP fabrics because they stopped make the fabric. The panel measures 44 length by 34 wide.

That's is awesome. Will you build the bookcase around the panel? Please show stages of your quilt.