Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Q'nique 15/21" tension (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/qnique-15-21-tension-t296596.html)

Sharle 06-11-2018 02:36 PM

I have the Q'nique 15 and love it, no tension issues top or bottom I purchased mine in 2015, Great customer service also and they have many you tubes for any help you may need ...

Butters2013 06-20-2018 08:31 PM

I had problems with the tension when I bought mine last year. I purchased a Towa tension guage and I had no issues since.

I love my Qnique, I upgraded from a Juki 2010. I make mostly lap quilts so the 15 inch is perfect size for my needs.

Stitchnripper 06-21-2018 05:00 AM

I think Leah Day has a Q'nique. She used it in a table and now it is on a frame. She has a lot of videos on her site about it. Leah Day dot com.

russellcmbc 06-21-2018 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by speters54 (Post 8049912)
In reading facebook posts pertaining to Q'nique, it seems as though several people are having problems with their tension. I don't have a Q'nique but am wondering if it is the user or the machine. Any thoughts?

I have had my Q'nique 21 since end of March. Any of my tension issues have been related to user inexperience with the machine. I am very satisfied with the machine and love having the convenience of a machine in my home. No more booking long arm machine rental time at a local quilting studio.

Cat2you 10-25-2018 08:07 AM

I have a Q'Nique 14+ and I would Not recommend the machine. I have had nothing but trouble and I found the customer service not to be as helpful as they should be. I had to have an independent tech come to my home and he said the timing had never been factory set. I would, if I had it to do over, buy where support is local enough to come to your home. Just saying...

Stitchnripper 10-25-2018 08:13 AM

I can’t find a local dealer for use in the table. Joannfabrica sells it together with the grace frame. They do not offer the machine and table. I emailed the grace company and asked for names of local dealers and they emailed back that someone would contact me. It’s been over two weeks. I don’t think there are any local dealers near me and I live in metro Atlanta

cathyvv 10-25-2018 09:45 AM

Grace company provides support and is very good about it. I have a q'nique 21 after having a Handiquilter 16 for 8 years. Loved the HQ16, but needed to upgrade from the pcquiter computerized system. The cost - just to add a new computerized system was too large. Q'nique, with computerized system was larger throat and not far off of the cost of just adding the ProStitcher to the HQ16, so I went with Q'nique.

I am happy with it so far. Have had some minor tension issues, but so far it has been operator error. I did purchase a second bobbin case because I was having difficulties with bottom tension that no amount of finagling the top tension, the sandwich, etc. would resolve. (I had dropped the bobbin case several times, so that might be attributable to operator error, too.) Tension is much better since that purchase.

cathyvv 10-25-2018 09:48 AM

I'm surprised that Grace hasn't gotten back to you yet. One thing I can say about Q'nique is that the documentation is better than the HQ16 user manual and it actually spells out how to do some of the maintenance.

mrsg730 10-27-2018 12:40 AM

I have the Q’nique since 2015 and I’ve never had tension issues. Both bobbin and top tension has been great straight out of the box. Never needed Grace Co. support but everything I read including on the Facebook page has been positive.

romanojg 10-27-2018 03:59 AM

Leah Day has this machine and loves it. Check out her You Tube videos and you can ask her