Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   question about putting 2 different squares in quilt top? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/question-about-putting-2-different-squares-quilt-top-t54513.html)

shaverg 07-14-2010 08:26 PM

Absolutely, that is what makes quilts unique. Also by using 2 or more different blocks in a quilt you may come up with a very interesting pattern, that can be brought out by how you place your colors.

dgsmom 07-15-2010 10:39 AM

thanks for all the responses, my husband says i try to be too perfect and too pleasing.

Scissor Queen 07-15-2010 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Pam
Anna, could you do that with a snowball and a 9 patch? I came up with that off the top of my head and would like to see how it looks!

In one of the guilds I'm in they did a strip exchange and made 9 patch blocks with the strips and then exchanged the blocks too. One of the ladies that was in the exchanged used her 9 patches with snowball blocks and it turned out just gorgeous! She used a cream on cream print for the center of the snowballs and a dark navy blue for the corners. It really pulled the scrappyness of the 9 patches together.

dgsmom 07-20-2010 04:35 AM

2 Attachment(s)
i wanted to post a couple of pics of the quilt top i made. sorry the pics not very good i made the king quilt top in my narrow motorhome while at the lake. thanks for all the info.

king quilt top
[ATTACH=CONFIG]73940[/ATTACH]

close up of 2 squares
[ATTACH=CONFIG]73941[/ATTACH]

DLM3 07-20-2010 06:07 AM

Wow!! I love the fabric, it's so cute. Perfect for the lake house. You must be really proud. It's so well done. Your work is great!! Thanks for posting the quilt top and showing us how it all came together.

Lori L 07-20-2010 06:12 AM

Amma......now you've done it! We're all going to be sending you messages asking for a design of our proposed projects! Haha. Hey....maybe you could start a business :)

dgsmom 07-20-2010 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by DLM3
Wow!! I love the fabric, it's so cute. Perfect for the lake house. You must be really proud. It's so well done. Your work is great!! Thanks for posting the quilt top and showing us how it all came together.

thank you, i think it turned out good. i still have some issues with the points on the pinwheel lining up but i love how it turned out.

AnnaK 07-20-2010 10:39 AM

Amma, you're a genius, and a generous genius too. I was going to suggest that she draw them out and make copies and play with them that way, but you went above and beyond! Thank you for your generosity. You inspire me!

Lori L 07-20-2010 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by JanetM

Originally Posted by amma
I did it with EQ6, I haven't installed 7 yet... it is still in the box LOL
This is the very basics that EQ will do, it takes less than 10 minutes to do a quilt like that... The blocks are in a library, you can do a quick search to pull them up.
You can change the colors around pretty quickly too, if you are doing them all the same. If you want one color here and there? That takes a little longer.

I think I need (want) that program :lol:

I've been making really broad hints to family that I would like to have EQ7 for my birthday next month. We'll see if it works. :)