Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Question about the Quality of Connecting Threads fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/question-about-quality-connecting-threads-fabric-t23147.html)

Fabricmom 07-25-2009 07:46 AM

I ordered from them recently and they sent me the wrong fabric. I called and they quickly sent me more fabric and I got to keep the other piece that they sent. I have noticed that sometimes it unravels in the wash. A lot of fabrics do that. To prevent it sew the edge before washing or serge it if you have a serger. I always buy a little extra so that if fabric does fray at the ends I will still have enough.

jbsstrawberry 07-25-2009 08:01 AM

Connecting Threads is my all time favorite place when ordering fabrics and threads. Now that they use only grown in the US cotton and North American manufacturing of it, I love it even more!! Awesome fabrics, fantastic threads and all grown in the US, who could ask for more!!! Any company that helps our nation's economy and provide excellent quality goods is aces in my book!

peaceandjoy 07-25-2009 08:05 AM

I think they could, if they wanted to. There are several Mennonite stores locally that do (but their philosphy is to make a living, not a huge profit).

May in Jersey 07-25-2009 08:32 AM

I've had no problem with their fabrics either. Some times fabrics feel 'thinner' but that doesn't mean they are poor quality, it depends upon the thread count. Also, their threads have been highly recommended by quilting pals. With so many quilt and fabric shops disappearing and quilt shows being discontinued, like Quilter's Hertiage in PA, we all may be depending upon online purchasing.

One time I would suggest not prewashing is if you ordered a kit and the pieces were precut. May in Jersey

azdesertrat 07-25-2009 09:01 AM

I agree with everyone

hulahoop1 07-25-2009 09:26 AM

I just completed a kit from them and loved working with their fabrics and threads. I didn't prewash the fabric. They included a little extra in their cuts (in case I made a mistake). I was very happy with their products and the end result.

ungermom 07-30-2009 06:45 AM

Our quilting group has used this fabric and we found it to be just as nice as anything you would get in a quilt store. I also have a kit that is really nice. Buy with confidence.

nativetexan 07-30-2009 07:16 AM

I've always been happy with them but recently I got two kits and the fabrics feel sort of yucky. stiffish. i hope they wash out fine though. they were a great price, maybe that's why.

Nancy in Louisiana 07-30-2009 08:02 AM

Connecting Threads is my all-time favorite -- GREAT prices on charm packs and jelly rolls. Their books are a great price - very close to Amazon, and they do have free shipping over $50 (which isn't hard to accumulate). Watch for their sales on notions and tools as well. Batting very reasonable on sale.

LINANN 07-30-2009 08:08 AM

Why and when do you starch?