Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quick Quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quick-quilts-t198914.html)

Quiltngolfer 08-28-2012 01:10 PM

I too love the jelly rolls and quick quilts. I think I have at least 50 projects to do including kits and jelly rolls with their patterns. Some of my favorite books are Suzanne McNeil's jelly roll books. I managed to buy the jelly rolls that she made her projects out of too. I just need to get faster to get those quilts completed. My problem is that I buy more than I get completed. I am working on a goal to complete at least one UFO a month this year. If I make it I will make a dent in my projects and be very proud of myself.

nygal 08-28-2012 01:34 PM

I have looked at Jelly Rolls but they would really be expensive if wanting to make a larger size quilt. I still don't mind cutting my own fabric. Maybe when I no longer enjoy buying by the bolt and cutting then I'd purchase the jelly rolls and other precut fabrics.

Grandma Peg 08-28-2012 01:40 PM

Like a little variety. Sometimes the easy ones are just so pretty and you can move on to another project. Every once in a while like to do a little harder but then appreciate the easy one again. No set pattern for me but do like scrappies and now into QAYG quilts.

IndigoQuilter 08-28-2012 03:16 PM

I love Jelly Rolls, they go quickly for me.

ShabbyTabby 08-28-2012 04:10 PM

Guess I'm with the "easy" crowd too. I like to do DP9, Rail Fence, Pinwheels and love to do the simple ones that Jenny on Missouri Quilt does with precuts on her tutorials. I quilt just for the fun of it and give most all of my quilts away. Have not the talent nor the patience to do the intricate patterns. At 78 I take the line of least resistence.

Mariposa 08-28-2012 04:28 PM

I like to mix it up. I usually add my own twist to things, rather than just follow the pattern. :)

Pickles 08-28-2012 04:58 PM

I do mix it up, also I add my own ideals on a pattern , but also enjoy the simple patterns, depending on how long
I want to spend on each one.

SouthPStitches 08-28-2012 05:59 PM

Have been quilting for more than 30 years. Thought once I retired, I would welcome a big challenge. Hasn't happened yet, the simplier the better for me. It's not as though I wouldn't like to make something more complicated but my menopausal brain seems to fight me every step of the way. If I'm not enjoying the process, what's the point. I so enjoy seeing and admiring the challenging quilts though.

MattieMae 08-28-2012 06:06 PM

I like the challenge of the more intricate patterns. It keeps my mind sharp. I’ve got lots of time and patience, and no quota to fill. .....:)

Gramie bj 08-28-2012 06:59 PM

I have learned the hard way to allow myself only one intract pattern going at a time. When it starts to give me trouble or I just get tired of working on it I'll stop and do a quick strip quilt or a wall hanging. I will not alow mysef more than one intract quit at a time, I have to completely finish it before moving on to another one. If I don't, I'd have UFO's comming out my ears! DO NOT ask me how I know this! LOL In the past year I have been finished 15 intract pattern UFO's that have been laying around for a few years, only 3 more to go and I'll be UFO free! YEP! no new intract quilts since Nov.2011