Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   quillow (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quillow-t119893.html)

bjgallent 05-02-2011 06:53 AM

I have made several. Don't use too thick of a batting or it will be too hard to fit into the pocket to make into a pillow. I think cotton batting might be too thin. Just use a "not to thick" poly batting. My granddaughter uses the pocket for her feet!!

dkeith 05-02-2011 09:13 AM

I decided to crochet and make it lacy for my grandaughters.
I have one on my chair -- its crocheted around the edges to.
I also crochet around edges for the boys. But not lacy. Just crochet it. They last longer to.

Pat G 05-03-2011 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Wonnie
When you fold the quilt into the pillow does it actually look like a pillow or is it real thin?

I have made sev. & yes, they look just like a pillow. Not flat. Biggest prob. I had was to teach the receivers how to refold them from a quilt back into a pillow. Even I'd forget if I hadn't made one for awhile.
I also made one extra long for a receiver & I had a prob. getting it all stuffed into the pocket but got it by stuffing it.
I was going to make one to keep in the car but kept giving them away.

Pat G 05-03-2011 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by carolaug

Great video. Inspires me to make another one.

I have a question though in where she said are good places for using them. She mentioned a "door room". Must be an east coast or midwest rm. since I've never heard that term on the west coast. What is a door room?

sewingsuz 05-03-2011 02:14 PM

You know, I can believe it but i have not made one. Don't know why!!!

IBQUILTIN 05-03-2011 04:56 PM

For Buckeye Rose. A quillow is a quilt that folds into a pillow pocket on the back of the quilt

ktmo815 05-03-2011 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Pat G

I have a question though in where she said are good places for using them. She mentioned a "door room". Must be an east coast or midwest rm. since I've never heard that term on the west coast. What is a door room?

I think she said "dorm room" will that help?

cabinfever 05-04-2011 01:05 AM

Maybe if you wanted to make a fluffy or longer one, you could make a shallow box-pleat pillow for the sleeve portion, with the end open of course.

GailG 05-04-2011 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by cabinfever
Maybe if you wanted to make a fluffy or longer one, you could make a shallow box-pleat pillow for the sleeve portion, with the end open of course.

Would the box pleat be in the pocket? What an excellent idea. I, too, had a problem with stuffing a larger version into the pocket. [BTW, my sister uses the pocket for her feet also. This was mentioned in an earlier post.]

Pat G 05-04-2011 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by ktmo815

Originally Posted by Pat G

I think she said "dorm room" will that help?

Oh I feel so dumb. Dorm rm. makes sense. Thanks for setting me straight.