Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt in a Day (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-day-t71203.html)

Yarn or Fabric 10-20-2010 09:32 AM

That looks like a fantastic quilt! Fantastic score!!

harvsstuff 10-20-2010 09:39 AM

I've made several of her quilts but not this one. If you follow her instructions and dont get ahead of yourself you can make any of her quilts. Just do follow what she says. Denise

amandasgramma 10-20-2010 09:41 AM

Not even if I used only back and one sheet of fabric for the top would I get one done in one day..... :)

katiebear1 10-20-2010 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Central Ohio Quilter
"Quilt in a Day" is a myth! The time frame that is..... not the pattern. I can't imagine doing a quilt in a day. ANY quilt! Unless a day = 24 hours straight, with no cooking, no eating, no phone calls, no bathroom breaks, (!) no emergencies - little or big, no husband or kids in the house or anything else possible going on in the house. :-)

I don't know about the pattern.

I'm with you . Unless it is a doll quilt, then maybe

jljack 10-20-2010 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Central Ohio Quilter
"Quilt in a Day" is a myth! The time frame that is..... not the pattern. I can't imagine doing a quilt in a day. ANY quilt! Unless a day = 24 hours straight, with no cooking, no eating, no phone calls, no bathroom breaks, (!) no emergencies - little or big, no husband or kids in the house or anything else possible going on in the house. :-)

I don't know about the pattern.

Eleanor Burns' sister comes to our guild as a speaker...one year she told us she did make a quilt in a day, but that it took her 21 hours of straight sewing. She said that was a "few" years back :wink: and that she wouldn't try it again.

The Quilt in a Day came from Eleanor's original way to do log cabin blocks by chain sewing them. You can make a lot of blocks very fast and do a quilt very quickly...although not sure if it would be in a day!!

Janie Q 10-20-2010 12:08 PM

I did the card trick quilt in a day once- it took me 3 days!

jlong 10-20-2010 02:34 PM

I did her Orion Star quilt and it took many days. Her directions are great and she does show you shortcuts that work. I would do another one if the book was a great price.

amma 10-20-2010 04:52 PM

I would be happy with a Quilt in a Week :D:D:D

darlin121 10-20-2010 04:57 PM

I used Elenor Burn's Quilt in A Day Log Cabin to make several quilts. It has always taken me two days. I suppose if I didn't have to stop for the children and my DH I might be able to do it but my life is not built that way!

Dorothy of Kansas 10-20-2010 05:20 PM

I made the Delectable Mountains by Eleanor Burns and really loved how the quilt came out. No, I didn't do it in one day, but I didn't mind. This is actually a very easy quilt to make. I plan to make another one soon. If you get stuck, feel free to PM me. Good luck!! :D