Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   that quilt is outta here! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-outta-here-t304872.html)

SusieQOH 05-24-2019 04:24 AM

Kalama, that's wonderful! It must have made you feel great. That person will appreciate and enjoy your beautiful quilt.

Friday1961 05-24-2019 04:32 AM

That is a beautiful quilt! I see why she was taken with it! Congratulations on the sale!

sewbizgirl 05-24-2019 04:53 AM

That was a bargain! It’s a beautiful quilt. The scrappy borders are really great!

luvstoquilt 05-24-2019 05:15 AM

That was a steal! Beautiful quilt. Quilts are selling here for $800 or more.

toogie 05-24-2019 05:47 AM

I was on a trip with a group and a lady from the trip asked me everyday to buy my tote. I had purchased the tote but had embroidered a lighthouse, huge lobster, etc a big design on the front of things pertaining to our trip to Maine. I finally told her I would sell it, but I didn't have anything to put my articles I had in it, as I had been using it all week. She said he'd get me something and pay me too. Here's the funny part. I had made three, one for me one for my niece who was doing the trip and one to give away as a prize. After the prize was won, mine was sold, a lady started in on my niece to sell hers. I told my niece to do what she wanted. She sold it but insisted on giving me the money.

Originally Posted by JustAbitCrazy (Post 8257012)
That's awesome!
Someone I know was in New York recently with her young adult daughter when a lady stopped her on the street, asking where she bought her unique purse. My friend explained she made it, it was one of a kind. The lady asked how much she wanted for it, and at the same time my friend said, "It's not for sale", her daughter said, "$550!". The lady whipped out the money and my friend got a plastic shopping bag from the store they were near to put the contents of her purse into. And that was the last she saw of her unique purse. True story!

toogie 05-24-2019 05:52 AM

She probably didn't want to RUN to get the money, before you changed your mind, but wanted to pay straight away because she recognized what a great deal she was getting! Lovely quilt I might add and so many pieces!!! Are all those little bitty squares on the border pieced or is that the fabric?

lorimax5859 05-24-2019 08:09 AM

Yeah for you!

joe'smom 05-24-2019 08:43 AM

Wow, that is great to hear!!

sash 05-24-2019 09:41 AM

That is a beautiful quilt. I have been looking at any tutorial on pineapple quilts I can find. Have a question on yours; did you put sashing between the blocks? I love the fabrics and especially that aqua fabric, just makes it pop right out at you. I so love this quilt. Also, love how you did the borders and back is great too. Thanks for sharing.

Jordan 05-24-2019 10:58 AM

Congratulations! Happy for you and the buyer really got a bargain. That is a beautiful quilt and even love the back. Now you can go to work on making another one.