Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilter's Travel Companion Website (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilters-travel-companion-website-t113892.html)

clcoats 04-06-2011 06:58 AM

QuiltinCats, thank you for passing this link along. My husband will be SOOOO glad I have in on my IPad when we travel. LOL

Kathi Kraftyzales 04-06-2011 07:05 AM

Thank you so much. I had an outdated book and will travel from the tip of Texas to Missouri in June. I really wanted to stop at some shops, but mostly in Missouri.
Somewhere in all my clutter I have some original Kansas City Star Newpaper quilt patterns that my DH's mother saved. She died when he was 9yrs old, so I never refer to her as my mother-in-law. I can hardly wait. I can feel myself walking into the shops, being greeted my sweet ladies, and walking out loaded with FABRIC!!!!

Rabs 04-06-2011 07:27 AM

It shows no quilt shops in the greater Lansing, Mi area and I know of 4!! :( But is is a great website to help find more shops.

CarrieAnne 04-06-2011 07:29 AM

thanks!

amma 04-06-2011 08:32 AM

Thank you for sharing :D:D:D

bluteddi 04-06-2011 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Kathi Kraftyzales
Thank you so much. I had an outdated book and will travel from the tip of Texas to Missouri in June. I really wanted to stop at some shops, but mostly in Missouri.
Somewhere in all my clutter I have some original Kansas City Star Newpaper quilt patterns that my DH's mother saved. She died when he was 9yrs old, so I never refer to her as my mother-in-law. I can hardly wait. I can feel myself walking into the shops, being greeted my sweet ladies, and walking out loaded with FABRIC!!!!

"ARMS LOADED WITH FABRIC"....... so ur husband isn;t going on this trip with u??? giggle....

QuiltinCats 04-06-2011 02:08 PM

Oh good! I'm glad it will help you find more shops. YOu all are welcome. Thanks to this website, I got to see two quilt shows while traveling through Oregon and Nevada. The one in Reno was especially good because they held their quilt show at a historic automobile museum. Quilts for me and cars for DH!

QuiltinCats 04-06-2011 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by clcoats
QuiltinCats, thank you for passing this link along. My husband will be SOOOO glad I have in on my IPad when we travel. LOL

I never told mine.... ;-)

QuiltinCats 04-06-2011 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Kathi Kraftyzales

It's been a few years since I was there, but I remember some very nice quilt shops in Missouri. Enjoy!

QuiltinCats 04-06-2011 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Rabs
It shows no quilt shops in the greater Lansing, Mi area and I know of 4!! :( But is is a great website to help find more shops.

I'm sorry to hear that although I am not surprised. I have come across quilt shops with no website at all. Yep, back to the old reliable - the Yellow Pages. :D