Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   quilting batiks (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-batiks-t16583.html)

Izy 03-04-2009 03:12 PM

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! What a great quilt, it is outstanding :D

CindyBee 03-04-2009 03:24 PM

Beautiful quilt! I certainly can appreciate the work you put into it.

Skeat 03-04-2009 03:39 PM

Wowza!! You did good...really good girl!!:0)What an amazing surprise....hmmmm...my MIL gave me..she gave me...what was that gift ?>.....oh, well, a headache!:))LOL

Maride 03-04-2009 03:45 PM

Beautiful!

maria

mimisharon 03-04-2009 05:49 PM

You've made a very special and wonderful quilt! Two sides pieced? You go girl!!!

Sharon

GailG 03-04-2009 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Skeat
Wowza!! You did good...really good girl!!:0)What an amazing surprise....hmmmm...my MIL gave me..she gave me...what was that gift ?>.....oh, well, a headache!:))LOL

I have always said that my MIL gave me a really nice guy. Anyone who can be married to me for 46 years is something special. :lol:

kd124 03-04-2009 11:35 PM

Bev your quilt is stunning--both sides!! I love the movement in the front. First time to hand applique?? WOW!! :-) :-) :-) Nice quilting job too!

SulaBug 03-04-2009 11:42 PM

It's absolutely gorgeous!!
Thank you for the pic's.
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Skeat 03-05-2009 03:59 AM

I have always said that my MIL gave me a really nice guy. Anyone who can be married to me for 46 years is something special. :lol: [/quote]

Awww! That is sweet! I just might have to borrow that!:0)We'll be 24yrs this spring!

Btw..on that quilt, I am curious to how you did your applique...?? Since I am working on one presently, now I am checking them all!LOL Thanks
.(fusing?Needles turn?) It looks really great!

quiltease 03-05-2009 05:17 AM

Hi Skeat, I graphed out my pattern and divided it into the individual pieces making sure I had a bit more where they overlapped. I cut each piece out of freezer paper, and numbered them to correspond with my graph (can you tell I made a stained glass quilt once??). Then I put my fabric(s) right sides together, fused the pattern piece to one wrong side and sewed around the pattern. If it was going to be overlapped I left that part unsewn and just turned it to the right side. The leaves, for example, I would clip around the curves and snip off the extra fabric at the points. Then I'd make a long cut in the center of one side and turn right sides out. A really good press and it was ready to be hand sewn onto the quilt. This way I didn't have to worry about turning the edges under. I made a pattern out of a sheet of tissue paper and pinned it to the quilt so I could place the pieces exactly where I wanted them and then tear away the paper. The stems were just bias strips that I make for binding, only thinner. Hope this helps. Remeber to post the finished product. My head is so big from all the compliments I may never be able to wear a hat again!!!
bev.