Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   quilting boards (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-boards-t211271.html)

MartiMorga 01-20-2013 08:46 AM

I spend too much time on this one reading all the great info. Any more and I wouldn't get anything done: LOL.

callen 01-20-2013 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by teddysmom (Post 5796789)
There are others but this is by far the BEST!!!

I totally agree. I am on one other board but this one is by far THE BEST !!! The members are amazing & it is the easiest to navigate.
IMHO the best around.

JanieH 01-21-2013 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Weezy Rider (Post 5799088)
Apple has most of them.There are apps for judging yardage, etc. in Android. Craftsy only has an Apple app. Missouri Quilt has an Android app. Go to Google play on the phone or computer and type in quilting in search. Android is catching up.

Thanks, Weezy Rider, I will check them out! I did already download Missouri Quilt the minute I saw that in your reply!

TinkerQuilts 01-21-2013 12:42 PM

Since I've signed up for this quilting board, I have no time (or interest) in looking for others.

quilter2090 01-21-2013 02:30 PM

there is one called Quilting Haven.

patricej 01-21-2013 11:41 PM

i found this board after looking at quite a few.
they all seemed fine but this looked like - and turned out to be [for me] - the most fun of the bunch.
i look around from time to time, and have seen some that i think would be interesting, but i don't have any time left over for any place else. which is just fine with me. :)

we don't gossip about other boards or the people at those other boards.
we don't gossip about each other here (or are at least smart and gracious enough to not do so publicly. LOL)
we encourage and inspire each other.
99.99% of us have a sense of humor.
most of us treat each other like friends even if it's unlikely we'll ever meet in person.
we can share our accomplishments - and our mistakes - without fear of judgement.
if we have any quilt police, they are off duty while they're here. :)

it is fun to look around, especially to see the works posted all over the internet.
but this will always be my home base. :)

i don't know that i could claim to be objective, but that's ok with me, too. LOL LOL LOL

cathylynn 01-22-2013 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl (Post 5794065)
There are a few but I can tell you none compare IMHO to this board.

totally agree! love this board! have learned so much and my quilting skills have improved since discovering and joining.

earthwalker 01-22-2013 12:33 AM

I am sure there are...and loads of blogs as well. As many others have said, if I started checking out everything around, I would be stuck at my computer all day. Besides, I like the vibe here....quilts/names/avatars which become familiar....friends who may never meet, but share a common love...all things fabric/quilts/machines, vintage and new...the sad posts, the joyous, the resident comedian (you know who you are:)), the shut-ins, the travellers, the young and the seniors all sharing a board and learning from each other. How special is that!

Knitette 01-22-2013 12:57 AM

The fact that there are so many overseas members on this board says it all really.:cool:

Camping Betty 01-22-2013 02:22 AM

I have learned so much since I joined this board. I don't post much but I read most all of the post.
Thanks members!