Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting Goals for 2019? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-goals-2019-a-t301796.html)

meyert 12-27-2018 07:57 AM

I would just like to finish a quilt for my own bed :) I have never done that. I have one started but my goal is to finish this year. 12 months should be long enough right???? :D

oksewglad 12-27-2018 08:07 AM

1. I purchased a used LA last April...would so love to gain more confidence when FMQ.
2. I have several WIP's I would like to get finished: My Word quilt, Time to Commit, BBgum quilt, the recently started Burgoyne surrounded and a star quilt . That'll keep me busy for a while.
3. New projects: continue making my miniature quilts

Good luck everyone!

Jordan 12-27-2018 08:14 AM

My 2019 goals--to get to sew more (my daughter and 3 granddaughters live with me) but they are old enough now and self sufficient anymore so I hope to get some UFO's completed.
Also-learn to put pictures of my finished quilts on this quilting board to share with everyone here.
But---most of all I want to wish everyone a healthy and happy 2019 all year long.

KalamaQuilts 12-27-2018 08:22 AM

What I Should do: quilt the 3 or 4 smallish quilts ready to go. I really do not like machine quilting (hand won't hand quilt anymore) I Really do not like doing machine quilting. Did I say...oh, I did

What I hope to do: scare up a couple of boxes of neutral scraps, my neutral stash is very low.
I should go put a request up now, doh :)

What I Am doing: Continue to look at tools with the knowledge some I'll not be able to use again (eyes). Make a mystery box?

What I love to do: Spend time in my quilt room. I keep it pretty tidy, but I could do a better job of putting things away.

What is at my elbow waiting: All my quilt books, need to load to Amazon or/and Ebay. I'm having tunnel vision because it hurts to let them go. But they gotta get gone. but it hurts... you know...

Stay with my current time manager: no more than two hours a day online. Amazing what it frees up.

ka9sdn 12-27-2018 08:24 AM

Get my sewing studio cleaned up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then quilt all the tops I have stacked up--if I get that done then I will start a new quilt. Sounds easy but it doesn't seem to get done. Happy New Year

patricej 12-27-2018 08:54 AM

1. Climb back on the Fabric Moratorium Wagon. I fell off this year and got run over by all four wheels! :shock:
2. Organize all the stuff I have spread around at least three rooms and get it back where it belongs.
3. Use enough fabric and re-home enough of the tools i will never use to reduce stash-spread by at least one room.
4. Keep it that way. (as if. lol)
5. I won't enumerate my personal donation goals. It's probably not realistic. Seeing it in print would give me a nervous breakdown. lol

Granna of 5 12-27-2018 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Delphina (Post 8182238)
My goal is to join a quilt along starting in Jan and sticking with it. Does anyone have any suggestions on one that I could join?

Facebook group "Quilt Along with Pat Sloan" Nice group

SusieQOH 12-27-2018 09:16 AM

Tallchick- I really really like number 6!!!

I have 2 goals: to use my enormous stash and to get proficient in FMQ and ruler work.

craft 12-27-2018 10:32 AM

I need to make 6, 10 year memory quilts. One for each of my brothers and sisters. These need to be all completed by September 20th. Our dad passed away on September 20, 2009.
Two graduation quilts for two graduates.

10 throw quilts for Christmas 2019.
A burial quilt for my mom. (This was her requested.)

Some charity baby quilts for a local church who gives out baby gift boxes for new low income mothers.

NZquilter 12-27-2018 10:46 AM

My biggest goal is finish all 140 blocks for my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler quilt. I want to make at least two more scrap quilts too.