Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilts at Cracker Barrel (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilts-cracker-barrel-t32826.html)

mar32428 01-02-2010 09:16 AM

I have a hunch they're from China. Were you able to touch the fabric? They use a very light woven material that usually won't last more than a dozen washings I have seen them at Ole Time Pottery also.

missjudy 01-02-2010 10:00 AM

They are pretty from a distance, but up close I wouldn't want one: however they do have great ideas to remember and use their ideas at home. Sometimes I make pictures, I did this with a memory quilt.

cabinqltr 01-02-2010 11:07 AM

Something to read. If this works.

ljsunflower 01-02-2010 12:32 PM

I make all of my quilts to be used. Pretty or not, that's what they are for. To be used.
It's kind of like never using your good china because it might get broken. Then realizing that your family is as worthy of using the good china as 'company' is.
Use those quilts! LOL

GiGi 01-02-2010 01:09 PM

China!

Grammie Sharon 01-02-2010 03:57 PM

I'v bought a quilt similar to this from the Woolen Store at Frankenmuth, MI.. With the shams included it was about $100.00. It looks hand quilted but whenn you look close you can see it wasn't. I liked the pattern so I bought it but being it is in our guest room it doesn't get used alot so I have not washed it. I'm hoping it stays together. Anyway for the price I still like it. Now tham I'm quilting I would not buy another one though.

betlinsmom 01-02-2010 07:27 PM

I always look at quilts wherever I see them and lots of places have quilts with pretty patterns but seldom have I seen even averge skill in them. I have a major problem with folks being exploited and shoddy goods passed off to an unsuspecting public. I make quilts ; some are totally handmade other than being cut out with a rotary cutter, others are all machine made but I wont compromise my own integrity or my reputation by false advertisement or shoddy work and frankly, I cant imagine how other folks do!!!!

mar32428 01-02-2010 07:59 PM

Money, money, money!

GailG 01-03-2010 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by betlinsmom
I always look at quilts wherever I see them and lots of places have quilts with pretty patterns but seldom have I seen even averge skill in them. I have a major problem with folks being exploited and shoddy goods passed off to an unsuspecting public. I make quilts ; some are totally handmade other than being cut out with a rotary cutter, others are all machine made but I wont compromise my own integrity or my reputation by false advertisement or shoddy work and frankly, I cant imagine how other folks do!!!!

In an effort of not becoming a quilt snob, I try to remind myself that people who don't quilt want pretty things too. They don't see what we see when looking at a quilt. In order to have a quilt that they like they will buy one of these items. (I, myself, was once in that position) On the other hand, we can do "better, " so we have the privilege of being capable of making our own.

betlinsmom 01-03-2010 02:54 PM

Here, here!!