Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilts wounds (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilts-wounds-t227277.html)

quilttiger 08-04-2013 11:29 PM

Ouch! But it is true that if you use your saliva to rub on the blood stain, it will come out. This I learned from an applique class recently.

Scraplady 08-05-2013 06:44 AM

Ouch! I always say it's not a real quilt until it has either blood or coffee spilled on it. The best ones have both!

kuseta 08-05-2013 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by gramajo (Post 6215552)
My daughters were in a dance recital each year. Moms had to make the costumes. My girls NEVER had a costume without at least one drop of blood on it. ;)

Now that my mom is quilting, it happens sometimes there too. I had to laugh last night, though, because I did the same thing. I was using new pins that are longer than I'm used to and kept sticking myself.

barny 08-05-2013 11:27 AM

I poked the bobbin holder pin[from my longarm] about 2 in. long, into my forearm and had to go to ER and get it glued back together. Healed up just fine. A few months ago. I stumble around a little.LOL

GingerK 08-05-2013 11:35 AM

Yes, hydrogen peroxide will remove blood from fabric. It often removes the colour as well. Ask me how I know!! At least the offending (or should that be offended?) block was near the edge and it took a mere 2 hours to replace a 1 1/2x1 1/2" square.

Retired Fire Chief 08-06-2013 03:03 AM

Don't you love those days! Sometimes you wonder if it was worth getting up. I end up giving up, go sit a long while and regroup, hoping that little klutz devil is gone!

gramajo 08-06-2013 04:24 AM

Tammy, LOL

IshtarsMom 08-06-2013 04:57 AM

Was crawling around on the floor just last night repining my latest nightmare....got up and noticed a big blob of blood on the edge...had stuck my knee and didn't even know it...thank goodness it was on the white and hadn't soaked through the batting because peroxide took it right out. It's not a good quilt without a little dna as an identifier....

Lady Diana 08-06-2013 06:19 AM

What phase is the moon in? Last night, stopped quilting and started preparing dinner, trying to cut open the shrink wrap around a whole chicken, stuck a paring knife into the plastic....wouldn't cut easily....jabbed the knife into the plastic, went through the plastic and right into my left forearm. Washed with antibacterial soap, then Neosporin.......looked down and blood was still running. Applied pressure......could not go back to quitting.....had blood all over my shirt..was afraid I would get some on the quilt. This AM, arm swollen.....still might have to go to doctor...when was that last tetanus shot?

Another day.
D in TX

knlsmith 08-06-2013 06:22 AM

Welcome to my world. Lol. Sprained my knee bad last week and broke my pinky toe on the other foot yesterday. Hubby is going to start putting me in bubble wrap. :)