Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Raise Your Hand If You ... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/raise-your-hand-if-you-t216221.html)

Krystyna 03-14-2013 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by lpsewing (Post 5927719)
Love my older model surger.I was taught years ago to just tie the old & new thread together & pull it trough slowly until you have reached your needle,works every time !

Key phrase: "Until you have reached your needle ..." that's the stinky part!

cmierley 03-14-2013 09:34 AM

I had a Phaff but had such a hard time threading it I never used it. I sold it and bought a babylock evolution. I love it. Wouldn't have anything else. I don't mind changing thread or stitches. It even has auto tension.

wordpaintervs 03-14-2013 09:37 AM

raising my hands (both as I double love my serger) and lowering part way down, as the threading on my Brother Brand .... is fairly simple. Older but a good one none the less.

Carol34446 03-14-2013 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by kwajgirl (Post 5927392)
It has been said but I'll reiterate - GET A BABYLOCK! The air feed system for threading the loopers makes it so easy to use. Don't need to worry about rethreading - you can thread in any sequence so if/when you run out of thread or it breaks you just rethread and you are ready to go.

I don't work for them, but could definitely sell their sergers,

Shirley in SC

They are nice but on SS and retired NOT affordable in any way for many of us. Had a chance at a used one and it was $700. Way more than I can afford.

Krystyna 03-14-2013 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Carol34446 (Post 5927972)
They are nice but on SS and retired NOT affordable in any way for many of us. Had a chance at a used one and it was $700. Way more than I can afford.

Looked at them. Looked at the price. Moved on.

Luv Quilts and Cats 03-14-2013 09:56 AM

I hope your Super Hero can help you. I don't have a serger, but it looks complicated.

AlaskaAlice 03-14-2013 10:15 AM

I have a pfaff shelf sitter:) My #3DD talked me into getting one long ago..I used it alot for rolled edges on veiles, even quilts.etc. My#2 DD borrowed it to make a wedding dress etc. brought it back with missing parts, etc. I think once in awhile I should get it down and see if I could get it working again. Threaded it by the method lipswing uses..writing down the tension settings, before moving them.. new ones I have not even looked at. wishing gets to be a dead end so I try not to burden myself with longings not to be fullfilled..:) Happy sewing!

nannyrick 03-14-2013 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by quilttiger (Post 5924367)
Love my Babylock Imagine serger....it comes with automatic threading :thumbup:. This is my third serger. The first one was a real bear to thread!

I too have a Babylock Imagine and just love it. It is my first one and will be my last, after reading how others are such bears to thread.

baslp 03-14-2013 10:31 AM

I ordered a serger from Brother 2 weeks ago. The box sat in my living room and I finally decided to return it to Amazon.

judord 03-14-2013 10:35 AM

I could not LIVE without my serger. I have had one since 1991 and am lost without it. Babylock really does have amazing threading with the airlock thing, so don't give up. I love mine, the Imagine.
Judy