Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   This is the reason.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/reason-t155806.html)

Honeynga 09-25-2011 04:13 PM

So you aren't in this/that boat alone ! It amuses me that you used a very southern term....you "fixed" dinner which is exactly what we do here in the south ! Some of you folks might say you made dinner.....my MIL would have said that she toted in the groceries and then fixed supper ! How awesome.

PaperPrincess 09-25-2011 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Honeynga
So you aren't in this/that boat alone ! It amuses me that you used a very southern term....you "fixed" dinner which is exactly what we do here in the south ! Some of you folks might say you made dinner.....my MIL would have said that she toted in the groceries and then fixed supper ! How awesome.

I'm in Michigan and we always fixed dinner. With my cooking it always needs fixin'

mtspools 09-25-2011 04:51 PM

Same here was going to work on my hand embroidery this evening, but you see where I am . LOL

deedum 09-25-2011 04:59 PM

I cut out a autumn scrappie lap quilt this morning, DNP. Now, I have yet to finish my pinwheel lapquilt that is on my design wall that a started 2 months ago. My King size broken dishes quilt that is started months before that. Instead I spend my time here, at least for a little while.It is something I can do while watching tv with my dh, at some point I will break away from here and get back to my lapquilt....that's my plan... :)

LindaM49 09-25-2011 05:02 PM

My mother used to "fix dinner". And she was born/raised/lived and died in PA. I seem to recall my hubby's grandmother saying it too. She was PA Dutch from Lancaster County in PA.

maryb119 09-25-2011 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Honeynga

We "fix" dinner or supper in Iowa, too.

jrtpetey 09-25-2011 07:04 PM

Me too! I seem to never do what I intended to do. Oh well, there's always tomorrow!

sewbizgirl 09-25-2011 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by pipp5
why I never get anything finished!!! I had every intention this afternoon of finishing up the quilt I started last Sunday, then I hop on here just for a minute to see what's up.....4 hours later, I've yet to get to my sewing room, been skipping from one site to another, one blog to another, racking up more things on my ever growing to do list !!

Guess I haven't been a total mush mess this afternoon, did manage to get 2 loads of laundry done, sheets changed on the bed and dinner fixed.....but then where am I??? Right back here.....step away from the keyboard!!

There's a lot of great stuff on the internet, but too often this "virtual world" keeps us from doing anything in the real world. Some days I just have to stay away from the computer.
:|

hobo2000 09-25-2011 07:17 PM

I'm Oklahoma born and raised and we fix dinner too. We make biscuits while fixin dinner. LOL

hobo2000 09-25-2011 07:17 PM

Sorry for the double post!