Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Recuperation (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/recuperation-t202732.html)

bearisgray 10-09-2012 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO (Post 5573849)
I'm having tvt for bladder control.

Hope you have a very successful surgery and quick and complete recovery.

So many women have issues with urinary leakage~

Sunnie 10-09-2012 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by grammy Dwynn (Post 5572773)
Hand embroidery, applique and quilt binding are the first things that come to mind. Also you could do some hand quilting.

Other than the hand quilting this is what I did after foot surgery...still drove me crazy to not be able to sew on my machine.

nena 10-09-2012 02:20 PM

Do Grandmothers flower garden quilt.. I have to do it by hand and it really goes pretty fast. Have them all cut out and ready to go. I did this while setting with my sisters husband while he was sick. Now I just need to put it together.

AuntieD 10-09-2012 02:41 PM

Don't hae any ideas, but want to say that I will keep you in my prayers that you recuperate fast. Let us know how you do.

LadyElisabeth 10-09-2012 03:19 PM

With all the wonderful ideas, you could spend 24 hours a day keeping busy. Be sure to take time to just get some rest inbetween all the wonderful projects on which you will be working.

AliKat 10-09-2012 04:58 PM

Do you belong to any quilt groups that do charity quilts?

When one of my best friends had broken her lower and had surgery she too was going stir crazy. With her permission I brought her charity quilts that needed labels for one of our quilt groups. She put on 100 labels!

Do you have a laptop computer? Maybe you could arrange to organize your quilting supplies, patterns, and magazines. You could follow the various quilt shows or take some online quilt classes.

ali

NOELLA 10-10-2012 11:17 AM

I just had hand surgery last Thursday I am let handed had serg. on right hand ,I prepaired all my quilts that had to be hand sewn for this week applique and any other hand sewing that could be done . Saw the Doc. today and he said there was more prying than expected but the stiffness should be back to normal in about a month. good luck with your surgery God bless you and keep you in his loving arms and I hope your surgery is successful.
Noella

Lynette-Merlin 10-11-2012 03:49 AM

It will be a good opportunity to do some paper piecing. Alternatively try something like cathedral window. I cut out in advance masses of background squares and pressed them to the stage where they needed to be stitched. I then had them in a basket by my chair in the sitting room. Worked a treat.
I wish you a speedy recovery.

bibi 10-11-2012 04:00 AM

Hope you have a speedy recovery. Handquilting a large sized quilt would keep you busy and very stationary for a long time. Best wishes always.

topper1 10-11-2012 04:07 AM

start grandmothers flower garden or yo yo quilt