Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   The rotary blades that everyone is buying (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/rotary-blades-everyone-buying-t58883.html)

dkabasketlady 08-11-2010 05:01 PM

My Harbor Freight store is sold out and they can't say when they'll be getting any more in. When the website shows they have them and not on backorder then the stores will have them again. I'll keeep an eye on the website before I make another trip to the store(they get weekly shipments from their warehouses).

quilterj 08-11-2010 05:36 PM

I finally found them. For the price you can't beat that. No wonder they are on backorder. What size are these?

Laura3 08-12-2010 06:21 AM

I just found the blades on line at Harbor Freight...They are so cheap, but the shipping is 6.99. But even with that I paid 11.60 for 6 blades plus shipping. You still can't beat it. They are on backorder, but it is worth the wait.

stefanib123 08-12-2010 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Laura3
I just found the blades on line at Harbor Freight...They are so cheap, but the shipping is 6.99. But even with that I paid 11.60 for 6 blades plus shipping. You still can't beat it. They are on backorder, but it is worth the wait.

Did you check if they had other shipping options. A lot of the sites do, usually a little drop down arrow beside it.

I saw someone else post that their shipping was only $4 something.

cattailsquilts 08-12-2010 08:02 AM

I guess the quilters in my area haven't found this yet, or they're all out of town for the summer! The HF near me had about 20 packages! I was good & only bought 3. :-)

EagarBeez 08-12-2010 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by sewmuchmore
I think everyone here is trying to buy them. We know a good ideal when we see one. I think I am going to order and see if they will put me on the back order list. :?

I ordered yesterday. I know it said backorder, but, I can wait. They sent me an email with an order number, and it says that when the order is ready to ship, they will send it. I did not make an account with them before I ordered so I can't trace it or anything as it does not show up when I did make an account.
Luckily, I do have a confirmation of the order from them

BellaBoo 08-12-2010 08:34 AM

When you find a great price on rotary blades by enough to last you for years! About 10 years ago I found an Ebay seller that bought surplus from a warehouse and he was selling the blades 144 per box! He had no real idea how they were used in quilting, concentrating more on the saw blades he had to sell. I bought two boxes and paid $30 per box. Now I could kick myself for not buying more but back then that was a lot for me to spend on blades. LOL.

quilterj 08-12-2010 11:49 AM

What size are these blades?

finch 08-12-2010 12:18 PM

They are 45 mm and they come two to a pack.

BellaBoo 08-12-2010 12:42 PM

Check with flooring stores that installs carpet, they can order the carpet cutting blades cheap too.