Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   rotating cutting mats (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/rotating-cutting-mats-t225718.html)

Marysewfun 07-14-2013 05:24 PM

I have the 12x12 rotating mat and aside from the fact the black back came off, I just put it back together - it is basically a lazy-susan.

I use that and the (my) new 18x24 virtually anywhere - in the sewing room on the table, desk, ironing board - - and downstairs on the dining room table if I have a project down there - - - and yes, I have a 24x36 but that stays upstairs on a dedicated cutting table. You don't always have to cut on them, sometimes they are handy if you are drawing a design, all kinds of stuff - the visual measurements work a lot to your favor.

Marysewfun

mimi=17 07-14-2013 06:51 PM

I have both sizes and love them, and I am learning more uses . Thanks

quiltjoey 07-14-2013 07:11 PM

Have the Olfa and keep it beside my sewing machine and use it all the time...

FranW 07-14-2013 07:21 PM

I have both Olfa rotating mats and love them! Use the bigger one in my sewing room and use the other in class.

Originally Posted by LivelyLady (Post 6175569)
I use mine all the time....it's so handy for squaring up. As it is pretty well worn, I'm going to buy another to replace it.

An idea for you. I had also worn through my smaller Olfa rotating mat. But, I had an extra, pink Olfa mat that I had bought on clearance some time back. Super glued it right over top of the original rotating mat. Then I cut the pink mat (used kitchen shears). Stacked several heavy books on top and let sit overnight. Worked perfectly! And I have the only pink rotating mat in my group!

smurfsmom 07-14-2013 07:37 PM

I have a small one that I love for trimming up squares.

sewellie 07-14-2013 07:53 PM

I really like mine because I can't get to two sides of my cutting table due to small space and too much stuff. :)

milikaa1 07-14-2013 08:39 PM

I have a small one and love it :), I would like to buy the bigger one as well.

ladydukes 07-15-2013 01:35 AM

Rotating Cutting Mat

I have the round rotating cutting mat from Martelli. The one I purchased also has a round ironing board/surface that goes on top of the rotating cutting board. I really like it, and purchased it when Martelli had a half-price sale online.

Originally Posted by bea2 (Post 6175245)
Do you have a rotating cutting mat ? If so, what do you think about it..are they any good? I'm thinking of getting one but want to see your opinions first.
Thank you

Digitabulist 07-15-2013 02:56 AM

Rotating Cutting Mat

Originally Posted by bea2 (Post 6175245)
Do you have a rotating cutting mat ? If so, what do you think about it..are they any good? I'm thinking of getting one but want to see your opinions first.
Thank you

I have the square Olfa rotating mat. I use it for specific applications, but not all the time. I find it a handy tool to have.

mummyismean 07-15-2013 03:41 AM

I made my own, love it