Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Rotating projects (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/rotating-projects-t98721.html)

LivelyLady 02-12-2011 03:15 PM

Love your block! I have to have several projects going at one time or I get bored. I try to at least have either a hand quilting or applique in the works, a quilt to piece on one machine, and a quilt to FMQ on my other machine and one in the planning stage. I find I don't bored if I keep my projects staggered. :-D

MommaDorian 02-12-2011 03:23 PM

I rotate all the time. Right now I'm working on a pinwheel quilt. I get bored with them quite quickly, so I work on PP at the same time.

Patchworkmarion 02-12-2011 04:32 PM

I'm like you.Get bored easily.Do a bit of this,then a bit of that,but eventually get a lot finished at once.

rob529 02-12-2011 05:49 PM

Oh, boy do I do that. I just get so excited for the next new project. This quilt group has inspired me to finish some UFO's--unfinished objects.
Robin in TX

grumpy90650 02-12-2011 06:10 PM

i always have so many projects going, i have to work on them all at the same time, my sewing area has three or four piles of projects at any given time, so whatever i am in the mood for at that hour of sewing, i just pick that up...it seem to keep me going til they are done, i always want to clear a pile to start on the next project!!!!! gina

quilterfly 02-12-2011 07:25 PM

Ditto for me. Always have several projects going. Something I do that might help you finish a project you hate or just simple bored with...I usually cut all the pieces of my project first & this makes it easier to use a block I don't like as the "leader/ender" for the project I'm enjoying. I guess my attention is focused on the favored project & that makes the piecing on the other go faster. Before I know it I have all the blocks done.

Cathleen Colson 02-12-2011 08:00 PM

I'm trying to learn to do "custom" quilting with my Tin Lizzie 18 - quilting a design specific to the quilt, not an edge to edge or panto. The process scares me even though I'm working on a charity quilt! So I have put the quilt on the frame and basted the sides and stared at it a lot. Then I go do something, anything, to feel productive! I've mended my neighbor's jodphurs, hemmed my new pants, made a pillow for a friend, pieced 84 blocks and placed them on my design wall (where I stare at them and try to find a setting that I can commit to)! I keep a list of the things that I have finished next to the list of UFOs. Sometimes I just do a bunch of little things, add them to the list and cross them off just so I can feel that I've done something!

Halo 02-12-2011 08:26 PM

I never do just one project at a time. To borrrrring for me. I usually have 4 going at a time. I will work on two using each as starters & enders for the blocks to save thread. Then I'll switch to the other two projects & do the same. Now & then I'll get one finished before the other so I just start another to go with it. I do love your block. Very bright & colorful. Those are my favorite to work on.

galvestonangel 02-12-2011 08:32 PM

I like to do assembly line piecing if I can. I would not want to work on different quilts in the same sewing session because, for me, I would have to refocus and reset up each time.

grammysharon 02-12-2011 08:41 PM

I love those bright colors!! :thumbup: