Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Rotating projects (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/rotating-projects-t98721.html)

bonniebusybee 02-15-2011 08:31 PM

But it's SO pretty! Keep going! :D

Sandi Furtado 03-21-2011 03:42 PM

Hi pippa, I do not have a very low boredom threshold, I just keep on until it is finished IF other projects do not get in the way. I love your block: the pattern and fabric colors. As-a-matter-of-fact what fabric do you use? Sandi

Originally Posted by pippa
I have a very low boredom threshold. I wondered if rotating my WIPs/UFOs would help me get something finished. I thought of doing one block for each of 5 projects then back to the first. Anyone done this? Does it sound feasible?

Below is one of the ones I am NOT enjoying working on!
Pippa

Edited to add - 11 blocks done, 13 to go. It WILL get done eventually but I am not enjoying matching all those points.

GrannieAnnie 03-21-2011 03:47 PM

I have a very low boredom threshold. I wondered if rotating my WIPs/UFOs would help me get something finished. I thought of doing one block for each of 5 projects then back to the first. Anyone done this? Does it sound feasible?

Pippa

Edited to add - 11 blocks done, 13 to go. It WILL get done eventually but I am not enjoying matching all those points.

I get bored easily, too. Maybe an hour on this, then an hour on that.

My main trouble is that while I'm doing project A I think of a new project B. First thing you know I've got 6 or 8 started things and nothing done.

GrannieAnnie 03-21-2011 03:49 PM

Pippa

Forgot to add--------I love the colors in this block

deedum 03-21-2011 05:46 PM

I have 2 full size quilt tops just waiting to be finished! Do you think I would get busy and do that, heck no! Out of nowhere, I have am now working on a King size quilt on my design wall. I don't have time to do this either. I have 6 gals coming over to work on making a quilt top completely on Saturday! I got to get my sr cleaned up! I am a mood quilter for sure!

ljptexas 03-22-2011 03:50 AM

I love the star!! The colors are gorgeous!!

Be sure to post pic when it is finished.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

roadrunr 03-22-2011 04:23 AM

Oh, your block looks great! If you don't get everything to match perfectly, don't worry about it, unless, of course, you are planning to put it in a show. The minor misseams don't really matter to the person you are giving it to. They will just thank you for the lovely quilt.

bamamama 03-22-2011 04:38 AM

I used to start a project then work on it until finished but now that I'm retired and quilt pretty much full time after the house chores, I'm finding that I like to have more projects going. No schedule, just do what I feel like doing that day.