Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Row By Row (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/row-row-t280248.html)

sprice 07-08-2016 05:58 AM

Curious--can you get a free pattern if you go into a shop or do you have to buy a kit? How much are the kits?

oksewglad 07-08-2016 06:18 AM

You should be able to get a free pattern by going into the shop and asking for it. Kit prices would depend on cost of fabrics in the kit. My LQS kit is around $12...

thimblebug6000 07-08-2016 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by sprice (Post 7596901)
Curious--can you get a free pattern if you go into a shop or do you have to buy a kit? How much are the kits?

The shops must have a free row pattern for you with or without a purchase.... I visited 14 shops and got all 14 free patterns..... BUT.... just because.... I bought at least one meter of fabric in each shop.... :D

marietta 07-09-2016 06:33 AM

I have been to several shops in my area And the patterns are free, when you buy a Lic Plate, or that was the way they explained it to me. The kits prices vary from $12 to $15.99. About half of the shops were selling previous years Lic Plates ( at two I bought previous yrs plates, I liked them better) The Lic Plates at all (currant and previous yrs) were $5.99.

Cari-in-Oly 07-09-2016 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by marietta (Post 7597779)
I have been to several shops in my area And the patterns are free, when you buy a Lic Plate, or that was the way they explained it to me. The kits prices vary from $12 to $15.99. About half of the shops were selling previous years Lic Plates ( at two I bought previous yrs plates, I liked them better) The Lic Plates at all (currant and previous yrs) were $5.99.

You do not have to buy a license plate to get the pattern for free, you don't have to buy anything and license plate prices can vary just like kit prices. Last year I paid anywhere from $4.50 - $6.99 for the plates.

Cari

ibex94 07-09-2016 01:45 PM

I have seen kits as high as $49 before, because of the quantity of lasered applique cut outs. The most affordable kit I've seen was $10. Patterns are free to walk ins. No purchase necessary unless the shop owner misunderstood the instructions from the row by row experience organizers or chooses to misunderstand....

sewbizgirl 07-09-2016 08:03 PM

I visited two shops today. Both had great rows and kits. I was disappointed tho that the one I made a point to go to for a plate didn't have them yet! They must have ordered late. It will be mailed to me but I had to pay $.75 for the mailing. :hunf:

momsobon 07-09-2016 10:05 PM

In NJ there is also Olde City Quilts in Burlington NJ

K-Roll 07-10-2016 01:08 AM

I'm going to pick up the RowxRow patterns for the first time, so far I only have one. I don't get the thing about the license plates though...is that a theme, or ??? The one I picked up was a very simple pattern but no license plate.

Sheri.a 07-10-2016 05:37 AM

The license plates are just cute. I collected them last year and incorporated them into my r x r Alaska quilt (we were there on vacation). This year I'm doing a Texas theme quilt (my home state) and have opted out of the plates.

I did pick up one I loved--"Sew Blessed" from Buda, Tx..