Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   SCORE!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/score-t21672.html)

k3n 06-23-2009 02:26 AM

Thanks the Lord for that - I don't wanna be cured! LOL

Bevanger 06-23-2009 05:43 AM

way to go girl :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Mplsgirl 06-23-2009 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by gaigai
I just love ebay! I have to limit myself. I'll be on continually for a month or so and spend WAAAY too much money, then I'll have to not even look for a couple of months.

My best score was a Seth Thomas Grandfather Clock with Moon Phases, not a battery powered, but true pendulum & weights. Seth Thomas doesn't make Grandfather clocks anymore. It is six feet high and has four different chimes and is gorgeous. I got it for less than $400.00! And it runs beautifully!

Have you heard of Auction Sniper? That's what I use for stuff I really want. It places your bid for you, as little as 3-4 seconds before the end of the bidding. And their servers are VERY fast.

Gaigai can you give me more info on Auction Sniper? What does it cost, etc.?

imjustme 06-23-2009 12:08 PM

I had soo much fun reading this post. By the time I got to "BAM" my heart was beating faster. lol

littlehud 06-23-2009 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by quiltluvr
Be careful---you'll start with blades, move on to scraps and before you know you'll be buried in yardage. So far as I know there is no known cure. :lol:

Oh quiltluvr, you have seen the pattern of my life. I would be ashamed if I wasn't so happy. :D :D :D :D :D

mimisharon 06-23-2009 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by littlehud

Originally Posted by quiltluvr
Be careful---you'll start with blades, move on to scraps and before you know you'll be buried in yardage. So far as I know there is no known cure. :lol:

Oh quiltluvr, you have seen the pattern of my life. I would be ashamed if I wasn't so happy. :D :D :D :D :D

Both of these statements describe my warning and joy for you!!! How awesome! I've always been afraid to bid on anything because I've heard so many horror stories.
Hugs,
Sharon

gaigai 06-23-2009 04:42 PM

[quote=Mplsgirl]

Originally Posted by gaigai
Gaigai can you give me more info on Auction Sniper? What does it cost, etc.?

I LOVE Auction Sniper. Go to www.auctionsniper.com. It is free to sign up, and then you get three free snipes. After that, you pay a nominal fee (I don't remember the details) that is charged to your paypal account every three months based on how many snipes you got. I spent (don't tell anybody, ok) over $1,000.00 one month, and I think my total fee to Auction Sniper was about $4.00. So it isn't expensive. And you don't have to sit by the computer waiting for the end of the auction. You put in your bid, and auction sniper will place it however many seconds before the end you tell it to. I use 5 seconds.

If you sign up with them, use me as a referral. it's gaigai, same as here.

Good sniping!

Mplsgirl 06-23-2009 05:20 PM

Thank you girl!!!!!

OHSue 06-23-2009 08:22 PM

It really helps to be a late night person when it comes to eBay. I recently got 20 blades for $35. It was a lot of money, but I feel so rich, I know I can change the blade any time and not worry about limping along with an old blade.
When I am doing a last minute auction I set the kitchen timer and then go in at the last minute, bid about 30 seconds. I have gotten some great deals on fabric that way, also.

sewhappy57 06-23-2009 08:30 PM

Wow that was a score! :thumbup: Way to go!