Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Seattle Quilt shops (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/seattle-quilt-shops-t137110.html)

judi43 07-13-2011 04:24 AM

That's a nice shop also.

cdufur 07-13-2011 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by GwynR
Whenever we get to Pikes Place Market I have to head to Undercover Quilts. It is a small shop jam packed with beautiful fabric and very friendly helpful owners. I always find something I can't live without!

I was in Seattle about 6 weeks ago and discovered Underground Quilts. I ended up spending about $250.00 there and she shipped it back to my home for $10.95. We were headed out on an Alaskan cruise and I didn't want to carry it. I did the same thing in every port of call that we visited...and had them shipped them to my house. When I got home, I had a great time reliving my vacation by going through all of the packages!

Doreen 07-13-2011 06:39 AM

I love the Pacific Nrthwest, rain and all. Lots of quilting shops.

dglvr 07-13-2011 06:39 AM

Mckenna Ryan moved to Bainbridge Island. Great ferry ride.
If you go you'll have to let me know how it is. I was on Bainbridge then found out Mckenna was there after I got home. :roll: Now next time I go over I gotta go back.

dglvr 07-13-2011 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Doreen
I love the Pacific Nrthwest, rain and all. Lots of quilting shops.

I grew up in the Seattle area. I now live on the other side of the state. It doesn't rain here much. Never thought I'd miss the rain but I do. I'm in wheat country and miss my trees and rain. And Mt. Rainier. Glad I go over a few times a year to enjoy the beauty of that area.

patticriss 07-13-2011 06:45 AM

Thanks for all the ideas. My daughter and I are heading to Poulsbo on the 22nd of this month and I was going to ask the same question of our quilting friends. I'm writing all these down...lol.

Extreme Quilter 07-13-2011 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by GwynR
Whenever we get to Pikes Place Market I have to head to Undercover Quilts. It is a small shop jam packed with beautiful fabric and very friendly helpful owners. I always find something I can't live without!

I was there in May while touring Pike Place Market. I agree that for a small shop, it is stuffed to the gills with beautiful fabrics. My husband happily parked himself at Pike Place Brewery, a few paces away, while I poked around at Underground Quilts for a couple hours.

Bobbinchick 07-13-2011 07:09 AM

If you ever get to Port Angeles, we have a quilt shop called Sleepy Valley Quilts. They have lots and lots of fabric and notions and pattern books and the like. It is a small place, but the people there are friendly and helpful. The Quilted Strait used to he bere in Port Angeles and they moved to Port Gamble and I used to live in Seattle and used to go to the Undercover Quilt shop. Tiny place, but lots of fabrics and things to choose from. There's a Joann fabrics in Burien which is south of Seattle. I think there is one other fabric store in burien also, but I don't rmemeber the name of it. HAve a great trip, Huggies, Fay

jean1234 07-13-2011 10:58 AM

:thumbup: try the pacific fabric stores too.. Also try the quilt shop in downtown Seattle called quilts underground.. at the pike place
market.. Good luck and have lots of fun when u come to Seattle area..

jean1234 07-13-2011 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by jean1234
:thumbup: try the pacific fabric stores too.. Also try the quilt shop in downtown Seattle called quilts underground.. at the pike place
market.. Good luck and have lots of fun when u come to Seattle area..

:thumbup: google quilt shops in Seattle area...