Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sewing machine extension tables (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-machine-extension-tables-t134065.html)

Jim's Gem 06-29-2011 04:07 PM

I have several. two that fit in my sewing desk and one for my Bernina and one for my Pfaff. so 4!

seweasy 06-29-2011 04:09 PM

Thanks, everyone! I will check out sewingmates.com but have a fairly new machine so I don't imagine I will be changing it anytime soon. Really appreciate the feedback, Chris

Rose Marie 06-30-2011 06:12 AM

My acrylic table sits in a corner. Waste of 79 dollars.
I have been checking out thrift stores and once in awhile you can find a sewing cabinet.
You cant beat an old sewing cabinet with drawers for 35 dollars.

seweasy 06-30-2011 07:52 AM

It's just hard to find the desks now and the new machines with the free arm, the machines won't fit the desks. I have a lightweight(take to class machine)Brother machine that came with a table and so I've gotten used to it. My at home machine is a Viking Emerald 183 and it didn't come with a table.
I learned to sew on a 1960 era Singer, and my Mom had the machine desk. They were the best! I found one for my old Singer machine but it was so flimsy, one of my cats jumped up on the leaf of the table; the whole thing, machine and all tipped over. Of course, the cat only did it once, it scared him so bad he never got up on the table again!!! Chris

carslo 06-30-2011 07:53 AM

I have one for my Elna and love it! Fit like a dream!

clsurz 06-30-2011 08:38 AM

Funny this topic should be brought up. I've seen it at Nancy's Notions again just this morning.

They are called Sew Steady Tables and you give them the type machine you have and they send it to fit. Takes about six weeks though to get one.

jdiane318 06-30-2011 09:58 AM

I have one for my Janome, one for my serger and one for my embroidery machine. My first one was purchased for $10 at a quilting garage sale at LQS, most well invested $10 ever spent.

DonnaC 06-30-2011 10:17 AM

I also have the table from www.sewingmates.com. It works wonderfully and fits all of my machines with just minor adjustments (and it is very simple to do the adjustments, just a matter of loosening a couple of screws, and moving the legs to higher or lower positions). The company was great to deal with. I am thinking of buying a larger table from them now (I have the 16"x16" size).

donac 07-08-2011 10:24 AM

I have the 18 by 24 and love it. Even makes piecing easier because you just slide the pieces to the machine once you put the fabric down.

It took less than 2 weeks to get.

Barb-sewingmates 05-18-2012 05:49 PM

If anyone needs an extension table to fit one or several machines we are still in business here at Sewingmates.com and our tables are better than ever. Check out our testimonials page and give us a call if you have any questions. Satisfaction is guaranteed or you may return your table for a full refund. One table will fit all of your machines including a serger or embroidery unit. Convert any table into a sewing center and raise your sewing to a new level!!! Thanks to all of our customers for your very positive comments on this forum. We appreciate it. Barbara