Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   sewing machine muffler mats (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-machine-muffler-mats-t156020.html)

GrannieAnnie 09-26-2011 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by San Diego Quilter

Originally Posted by SuziC
Why not just make a quilted rectangle? LOL
I did and it works great and didn't cost a thing. Made it from scraps!

I made mine "sandwich style" - quilted it, turned up the front edge and made pockets to hold my tools. It took about an hour to finish and I love it! I made a matching pin cushion (small can from mushrooms - filled with a baggie of crushed walnut shells for weight - with a "puff" of batting on top for pins - covered with same fabric).

I've made several of these as gifts too. On one, I cut an old fabric measuring tape and sewed it along the top edge of the pockets. The lady that I gave it to said that she "LOVED" the measuring tape accent and uses it all the time to check the measure of her blocks.

Great idea!

athomenow 09-26-2011 03:39 PM

My machines are pretty quiet and they don't vibrate much so I never thought about it. I do use the waffle nonskid stuff under my foot control. Helps keep it from walking away on the carpet.

Doreen 09-26-2011 03:46 PM

I use a quilted placemat. They are great, I alo use it as a pin cushion when I remove pins when I am sewing.

Pat Haywood 09-26-2011 04:10 PM

I just use a sheet of craft foam.

jaciqltznok 09-26-2011 04:31 PM

simply go to your local carpet store, they sell the SAMPLE pieces that are bound all around..usually under $3.00...use one of those..they last longer and work better.

THese are great for the lightweight cheaper machines, keeps them from bouncing..and for when you got a class/sew in and they have the plastic banquet tables that will vibrate your machine on to the floor!

San Diego Quilter 09-26-2011 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
simply go to your local carpet store, they sell the SAMPLE pieces that are bound all around..usually under $3.00...use one of those..they last longer and work better.

THese are great for the lightweight cheaper machines, keeps them from bouncing..and for when you got a class/sew in and they have the plastic banquet tables that will vibrate your machine on to the floor!

GREAT idea!!! I have one old machine that is rusty on the bottom....sews a great stitch, but I don't use it much as it leaves marks on my sewing mats. I'm going to stop by the carpet place tonight! Thanks!

lalaland 09-26-2011 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by TexasSunshine
I use a piece of non-skid rubber like shelf liner under mine when I am in the RV because of vibration. I already had some that I line shelves with in the RV, and it worked real well.

I do the same - but I do have an older Brother mechanical that could benefit from a muffler mat. I'd be interested to know if they really work.

patski 09-26-2011 05:46 PM

you can use the rubbermaid that comes in a roll (its' made for shelves. It will do the job must cheaper

auntpiggylpn 09-26-2011 10:36 PM

I don't know anything about these mats but I have purchased from the seller a few times and they have great customer service and quick shipping!

lalaland 09-26-2011 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn
I don't know anything about these mats but I have purchased from the seller a few times and they have great customer service and quick shipping!

I agree, Ken's is excellent.