Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   sewing machine muffler mats (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-machine-muffler-mats-t156020.html)

rosalia856 09-27-2011 07:00 AM

I would think using serveral lays of felt would produce the same effect.

Val in IN 09-27-2011 07:16 AM

I also bought the rubberized puffy shelf liner at the dollar store. Had enough for 3 machines and for the foot pedals too. Also have one in my FW case and a small piece in it for the foot pedal. I take the FW to classes and Jaquie is right, the plastic tables will shake your machine to death without a buffer mat.

GlitzyMe 09-27-2011 07:21 AM

Ladies! Get creative! Beneath every one of my machines (1 Viking, 1 serger, 2 FWs and 1 embroidery) there is a comfort mat from mammograms. Even my Brother 1500 on the HandiQuilter sits on one. They are sticky back, don't move and the foam absorbs sound. I pay $5 for these every time I have a mammogram and I ask for the largest size. They will only throw them out after you leave the room. When I take one of the FWs out I use a thick rubber bubble shelf liner.

lawsonmugs 09-27-2011 08:10 AM

I just made a mat for under mine. Looks like a oversized place mat. I made it from fabric and apliqued a sewing machine and pin cushion and scissors etc. on it. Lots of friends want it. They said I shouldn't cover it up.LOL I also bought a pair of the rubber door stops from the dollar store.The wedge shaped ones. I got 2 white ones in a pack for $1. I slip them under the back of the machine to sightly tip it towards me. It's easier to see my sewing.Also from the $ store I bought some rubber shelf liner.(the bumppy kind) I cut a piece about 10" square and set my foot peddle on it so it doesn't scoot on the floor while I'm sewing.Hope this helps and saves you some money. Mary

grandma sue 09-27-2011 09:33 AM

My Horizon is big enough that it doesn't vibrate or make noise. However, I do have a shelf drawer liner (the rubbery kind) under my serger because it walks.

marshaKay 09-27-2011 10:02 AM

Looks like an oversized mouse pad. I have a few around here somewhere. Think I'll use those. My machines are so heavy that they never slide around anyway. But it might cut down on the noise and vibes. Who knows? I'll try anything once....

scarlet14 09-27-2011 10:03 AM

I use old mouse pads I get at garage sales put them under sewing machine and serger---keeps the serger from moving

CRicart 09-27-2011 10:45 AM

I use 2 old computer mouse pads under my old singer, and 1 under my noisy serger. I just ask hubby not to throw them out.

Karen Powell 09-27-2011 11:39 AM

I would like to see pictures of this . Please !

Quiltaddict 09-27-2011 11:49 AM

I always use one of those carpet samples (perfect size) that they used to sell at the dollar store. You can probably still get them at a carpet store. Works great and you can stick your pins into it too.